Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Food Monster & Yoga

WORKOUT:
30 mins Abs class
1 mile run - killing time between classes
1 hour Step Interval class
30 min elliptical
20 mins YOGA!

Abs class was great this morning, I was glad I made it to the class today! I haven't been in a long time and it's a fabulous class. 30 mins of abs on your own seems like eternity, but when I am in class it seriously flies by!

And IT finally happened today, YOGA time. This has seriously been on my mind for WEEKS now and I finally got in a little session today. We just got Hulu Plus, and I found a bunch of yoga videos. SAVED! The gym was driving me bonkers because the only classes close by were a couple times a week all at 9-10pm! Not gonna work for this grandma. I am hoping to get in some small sessions during the week and then try for once a week getting in a full hour.

It always feels so good, no matter how much time you have for it. Even in 20 mins I felt the benefit and my extra long savasana at the end was heavenly. I could feel all my lower back muscles releasing and stretching, soooooo nice. ;)
_____________________________________

I am STARVING today. I don't know what is wrong with me! I think if you are genuinely hungry, your body is trying to tell you something so you should definitely eat. I full like there might be a hole in my stomach today though. I don't know where this food is going!

I have also been unusually tired today and yesterday. I kid you not, I started moping around the house asking Ben if I could go to bed yet around 6pm. I don't know what me dealio is.

All I know is I am heading back to the kitchen for more and a nap is in my near future.
_____________________________________

I tried a new fun thing! I signed up for Bountiful Baskets that is a service where they get wholesale produce and divide it up with veggies and fruit for you to pick up once a week for only $15! Not bad at all. You can even pay an extra $10 and get 100% organic produce if you choose. Even though I didn't sign up for the organic basket, since I was a first timer and was feeling it out, I still found several items in my basket that were organic.

Here is what I got!
3 mangoes, 4 nectarines, strawberries, 6 plums, 1 small cantaloupe, lettuce, an english cucumber, celery, green beans and 6 small sweet potatoes!

I think it was a pretty good deal considering that all the produce was top notch and super tasty. 

My FAVORITE thing was the fresh green beans, I couldn't wait to gobble them up. I blanched them and served them lightly sprayed with EVOO, sprinkled some sea salt and some toasted slivered almonds. YUM!
Fish on the side was just an added bonus.

Though I think it is a fabulous idea and if I had a normal diet right now I would totally do it... I just did it one time and won't be doing it again. Just because I am not supposed to really be eating fruit and that was just way too much goodness sitting around taunting me. I had to give most of it away as Ben can't put away fruit like I can. Trust me, I do!

I did sneak a mango and, a PERFECTLY ripe nectarine.
Candy I tell you. There is nothing like summer fruits.

If you live in the area though, it's a great way to get fresh goods every week. Just because I can't enjoy it right now, doesn't mean YOU shouldn't. ;)
_______________________________________

What is your all time favorite summer fruit!?!
Oh man... tough call between watermelon and mangoes. I am going to have to go with the mangoes though. Once summer I seriously ate a fresh mango EVERY day. I am not even kidding. 
Best.Summer.Ever.
I think that is called an addiction.
What do you do when you can't seem to fill your grumbling stomach and you are dragging a little?
What do you think you body is trying to tell you???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive