Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Produce and Self Tanner

WORKOUT:
90 mins lifting
3 mile run

Whenever someone I know goes to sign up at the gym I feel like I always hear back from them later. Something to the effect of how the gym employees all know me there or that they say, "OH! We know Holley! She is in here ALL the time!" 

Today my brother in law went it and the manager said, "You are Holley's brother-in-law? She is KILLING it!" Um... that part makes me laugh and part makes my day. Ha, I might be spending a LITTLE bit too much time there. I am going to blame it on the fact I have just been going to the gym forever. ;)
____________________________________

Man, I love going out to the garden and pulling things in every day. That is the best!

A little zucchini here, fresh chives and basil there ... and everyday a new handful of grape tomatoes. 
My spinach and sweet peas are done for the year but the tomatoes are just getting in full stride. I can't wait! 
This photo doesn't do the tomatoes justice, they have about tripled in size since this photo. They are monsters! I have to wrestle them down just to pick the fruit!
When I see someone else's yard and they have a GIANT garden, I am totally jealous. Like totally. Someday I am going to have a million planter boxes and go to town. Plant everything I can think of. Constant produce ALL summer long.

Then I could just make my lovely stir fry 100% out of my garden! How fun would that be?!?
PS. I am addicted to self tanner. I got some a while ago and I don't know if I will ever be able to go back to my reflectively white self. I was worried about how fake it would look or being a weird color on me/not looking natural. I have been pleasantly surprised though. I think it just gives a nice healthy glow... unless I get carried away. :)

Compared the above photo (after) to this photo of me in all my white glory...
Not bad right? 
Man... I hope the flash on the camera had something to do with the coloring in the photo. Am I really that white!?!

Don't answer that.

I can totally see how addicting tanning in a bed is now though. Once you get a little color, you just want more and more! AH! Hide the bottles from me!
_____________________________________
What sounds good for dinner!?!
Mmm... that stir fry photo is looking pretty amazing right now. I might have to make some more. 
Do you like eating with chopsticks???
I LOVE it. Not gonna lie. I have no idea why, but it is so fun to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive