Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lemon Chicken Bisque

WORKOUT:
3 mile run
60 min pump class
30 min additional free weights

Sometimes I like to hit up a little more free weights after pump to really target in on the muscles I want to really target in on. Pump classes are fabulous, but it is hard to squeeze in a total body workout in an hour and really nail each muscle group. Today I worked some more upper body after class including back, shoulders, biceps and triceps. 
___________________________________

I have a fun new recipe for you! I apologize that I don't have a photo of the soup in a pretty little bowl itself but trust me, it both LOOKS delicious and TASTES delicious. ;) 

This is one of my Mom's favorite new recipes since implementing their new healthy lifestyle. I helped her cook up a bunch of soups and pop them in her freezer all portioned out and ready to go in a pinch. 
That is a lifesaver when sticking to a strict diet and removes so much stress!
(The Lemon Chicken Bisque is the lighter colored soup.)

 I must add while I mention them, that they weighed in today and are continuing to melt away! My Dad lost 5.2 lbs last week and Mom lost 1.8 lbs! SO proud of them!
Their journey continues but I keep getting more and more excited about seeing their final results!

Lemon Chicken Bisque

7 Cups Chicken Broth
1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
3/4 Cup Brown Rice
1 Cup Diced Carrot
2 Diced Celery Stalks
1/2 Large Onion Diced
1.5 lbs Cooked Diced Chicken
2 TB Flour
3 Beaten Eggs
5 TB Lemon Juice
2 Cups Corn
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
Salt & Pepper

Saute onions, carrot and celery in lightly sprayed pan with salt & pepper. Add broth, rice, bouillon and bring to boil. Cook until rice is done. Mix a little water with the 2 TB of flour and pour in soup stirring quickly to thicken. Then add beaten eggs stirring quickly as well to avoid cooking them into large pieces. Add chicken, lemon juice, corn and green onions. Taste and add more s&p as desired.

I hope you love it! I love the lemon... it's so refreshing!
It's a fabulous recipe to cook up a bunch of and put in in some tupperware for meals on the go!

This recipe makes 7 servings and has GREAT nutrition stats!

1 Serving: 305 Calories, 7 grams of fat, 26 grams of carbs and a grand 35 grams of protein!
__________________________________
Do you have a favorite healthy soup recipe you want to share with me???
I LOVE new recipes! Just remember that I am the NO dairy queen over here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive