Sunday, August 7, 2011

Roasted Chicken - Divine!

QUICK NOTE: As mentioned in my previous post, I found the Nike Tempo shorts on sale at Sports Authority. I am not sure how long the sale lasts, but hopefully you can still hurry and grab a pair! I was also looking online at Nike.com and they also carried some clearance colors and styles that were a great deal!

Oh, and one MORE thing. Special shout out to my amazing sister-in-law Jessica! She ran her first 1/2 Marathon in Washington this Saturday and did such a great job! 
(She is the one on the right, and she will probably love me for this photo but I have to brag!)
It KILLED me not to be able to be there but words can NOT tell you how excited I am to have another runner in the family. Why do I have to live so far away from her right now! Ah!!!
________________________________

Meet frozen chicken.
Don't shop hungry people, or you will end up like me with a cart FULL of food at Costco when you only intended to pick up a few things. I got a little crazy in the meat department and ended up with beef cuts, lean ground turkey, frozen chicken AND 2 frozen chickens. (At Costco, you know you can't just buy 1 of anything.) 

Granted I had never cooked one before,  but I just tossed those babies in the cart and didn't look back. My stomach was majorly grumbling with hunger when I passed the rotisserie chickens, so I couldn't help myself and decide to try to cook up my own.

This was my first time roasting a chicken and I admit I was slightly concerned about how this would turn out.
No worries though, the internet never let me down before. I think it might be my BEST friend. That is besides Ben of course. ;) Don't tell him I said that.

I slathered it up with olive oil, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and lots of garlic and italian seasonings. Then I stuffed it with lots of onions and chopped up potatoes, celery and carrots to roast along with it.
It was actually SUPER easy. Perfect Sunday dinner. 
I got it ready before church and it was perfection when we got home! Those are the best meals!
Oh, and did it taste good??? YES! Now perhaps it was the fact that I hadn't made a fancy meal in a while and Ben has been fending for himself a lot lately but it was dang good.
PS. This photo in no way reflects the ACTUAL amount of food I ate. Let's get real people. 
This was just portion #1. I was starving.
I am a picker when it comes to meals for sure. Ben can attest, I eat PLENTY of food. Sometimes I feel like a pig-o cause I think I end up eating more than him. I never know though because I eat so slow and he is so much faster than me. I will take a small scoop of everything and eat it, then add a little more, sometimes a little more... see what I mean?!?

So if you ever look at my portions and they seem pewny, don't you worry. That is just a pic of my plate before I mess it all up. I thought about taking a picture of the chicken after we devoured it, not because it looked appetizing when we were finished eating but because it was almost hilarious. It looked like we hadn't eaten in weeks!
_________________________________
What is your favorite, "pop it in the oven and forget about it" meal?!?
I love slow cookers, they are fabulous! I am missing my lots since it is all packed away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive