Thursday, March 24, 2011

1/2 Size is Just Right

WORKOUT:
45 min weights - shoulders and back
45 min Spin Class
1.5 mile run (Just to complete a full hour of cardio)

Yesterday, lean ground turkey and pinto beans were sounding realllll good. So lunch became a lettuce wrap concoction. 
Brown Rice, lean ground turkey, pinto beans, tomatoes and cilantro. You could easily throw on some salsa, avocado, cheese or sour cream to take it to the next level.

Ben's version took a slightly different approach, GIANT wraps that he dipped in salsa.
After work and some hair appointments, I whipped up these little babies that I found on Munch and Crunch. 
I made a few little adjustments when I made them myself, as well as cutting the recipe in half. That was the perfect amount for the 2 of us to get a little treat and not have TONS laying around the house! I love baking but hate having so many sweets around. I can't trust myself. Especially if I consider them "heathly". HEALTHY means you can eat 5 right? Ha. 

So sometimes I will freeze the rest or end up pawning them off on friends so we don't end up eating them all ourselves. If you find yourself in that same boat a lot, cut recipes down to 1/2 or even 1/4! 

Here is my take on the recipe... which is cut in half.

Healthy No-Bake Chocolate PB Cookies

3 TB Almond Milk (or skim milk)
1/3 C. Agave Syrup (or Maple Syrup or Honey)
1 TB Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Vanilla
1/3 C. Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Wheat Germ
1 1/2 - 2 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1 TB Ground Flax Seed

Combine milk, cocoa powder and agave in pan on high heat till boiling. Then remove from heat and add PB and vanilla till combined. Then add dry ingredients. (You may choose to add more or less of the oats based on how gooey you like them. I like mine a little less gooey, but follow your heart.)

Make into 12 cookies on wax paper and don't forget to lick your fingers.

Sometimes that is why I make treats. Just so I can lick the bowl.

So thanks Megan, and really Natalie, for your great recipe!


How often do you make treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment