Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sunshine feels SO good

ESPECIALLY when spring time is peaking around the corner.

WORKOUT:
5 mile run
45 min weights - chest, biceps & triceps
5 min abs
5 min quick stretch

It is a beautiful day today! Chilly... but beautiful. The kind of day that makes it really hard to get yourself out the door to work so you can lock yourself in a closet with no windows for the rest of the day.
Brother... (which is the one I think I look like without make-up)... asked me to help him get back into running. This time minus the shin splints. Ouch! Though I have never experienced shin splits myself (knock on wood) they sound miserable. 

This merited a trip to The Runner's Corner for new shoes! I love that store. Whenever I go I love picking their brains about all sorts of random running tangents. Even if the trip is for someone else... I can't help myself. And the best part is, they have the answer to like every question! Love that. They are totally down to earth and even though they are amazing running rock stars, they don't make anyone feel stupid and are totally patient with people. I mean, these people are the ones winning the marathons around here and they are happy to answer questions about simply finishing a 5K.

Brother ended up getting a version of my FAVORITE shoes.  He got the Saucony Mirage which are very similar to my Saucony Kinvaras. So cozy and comfy. I wish I had 3 pairs.

We ran around in the dark for a while after we got back. Going over some basic running techniques.

Running shoes with cords = REALLY ATTRACTIVE

I can imagine some SWEET brother-sister runs this summer. (hint... hint)

I have secret dreams of getting my ENTIRE family into running. Can't you just see us so cute all doing races together?! ADORABLE.
 ___________________________________________________
Is there a hobby/sport you wish your family was into?

No comments:

Post a Comment