Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yours Truely

The run went AMAZING this morning. I will tell you all about it tomorrow. Right now Ben and I are headed up to Salt Lake to drive the SLC Marathon route. Wanna check out the course, ya know? I have been wanting to get up there and do that for a couple weeks now but BYU Basketball has been taking priority.

After that we are gonna hit up my parents since we will be close by. So until tomorrow, I will leave you with all sorts of random things I knooooowwww YOU just couldn't help but want to know about me. 

(This entry is also posted in my "About Me" tab.)
_____________________________________

Why "Lunges and Lashes"?

Because this girl loves fitness, eating healthy and trying to look good while doing it.

I am 27 (ah!), but people constantly think I am 20. I just go with it and know when I am 50, looking 43, that will be the bomb.
I am LDS and lived my whole life in Washington until attending BYU-Idaho where I earned my Associate in Science. Then I decided to follow my heart and moved to Utah to pursue my love of cosmetology at Paul Mitchell The School. I knew if I didn't take the opportunity right then, I might always regret it. After completing my program I met Ben as he was finishing his schooling at BYU. We have been married for 4 years now and it is hard to remember life without him. 
We are starting a crazy new adventure! Ben has been accepted as a Civil Engineer Officer in the Navy. Ben grew up in a military family, but I am a total FISH OUT OF WATER with this.
Ben is excited to go play G.I. Joe, while I can't wait to be able to fulfill my dreams of being a domestic goddess. More time to cook, be active to my hearts content and whatever else I please! Hooray!
I am a runner at heart and that is the staple of my workout sanity. I admit, I can be a gym rat, and Ben has been known to call me and tell me it's time to come home. That said, there is nothing better than waking up and going for a run in the crisp morning air.
I am certified to teach Cycling and Turbo Kick boxing. The right opportunity hasn't open up yet for me to be able to do that but I am hopeful somewhere along the line of our military adventure it will.
Now for a random list of things about me...
-I love to play with chubby babies. The chubbier the better. We can't wait to have some of our own.
-Ben is the BEST and super supportive of all my crazy passionate ideas. When I get an idea in my head I want to launch right in and GO!
-I NEED to be on a schedule. Vacation laziness is okay for a few days, then I start to lose my mind.
-I love to cook
-I secretly have naturally curly curly hair. I couldn't fight it in Washington, though, OH... HOW I tried. Utah's dry weather is the best thing to ever happen to my hair. If we have to move somewhere humid, I might die.
-I have always been kinda/sorta afraid of dogs. Really just because I had a paper route growing up and dogs would chase me all the time. That is traumatizing for a kid! But I secretly just want one. Like one I can keep in a box and take on runs with me and then when I am done, put it back in the box and stuff it in the closet. Do you know where I can get one of those?
-I love produce! Especially FRUIT! Mangoes, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, bananas, apples... I am just getting started! Ben can attest. When I grocery shop, I just wander around the produce section.
-I like Halloween. Nuff said.
-I have a BIG 'OL family. I am the 7th of 8, so you can just imagine the niece and nephew potential in my family. I currently have 13 and we are just getting warmed up.
-I have a cute little salon in my house where I keep personal hair clients. Keeps me sane and reminds me that the full time job I currently have been working at for 3 1/2 years (to get health insurance really...), does not define who I am.
-Someday I really REALLY want to learn Tae Kwon Do or something similar. How fun would that be?!
-I have also been known to buy outfits for OTHER people's animals.
Now you know everything about me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment