Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hills for Breakfast

WORKOUT:
5 mile run
10 min eliptical
40 min weights - chest/biceps/triceps

Our RUN this morning included some fun hills and running along the base of the mountains which made for a great view of the city. It's so quiet and pretty in the morning before everyone gets up and starts their day. You can just run in the middle of the road too, it's ALL yours. There were also deer everywhere! I counted at LEAST 10, but it was dark so I am sure there were more.

I tried to take some pictures along the run but they turned out super lame. I will try again another time.Until then, enjoy my feet.
I think it's time to UP my weight on my chest/biceps/triceps routine. I didn't feel as challenged today and was looking for extra things I could do. So Friday I will bump it up!
______________________________________

I love shopping at foodie stores, health food stores, farmers markets and the like. It's a treat for me. On my birthday last year, one of my b-day activities was Ben taking me to Whole Foods and letting me pick out some goodies. It is a good thing we don't live closer to a Whole Foods. Good thing for our budget that is.

Someday when we are RICH, I will buy most of our food at these places.  Joining the Navy will make us rich right Ben?

I was in need of some chocolate chips though, the kind I can actually eat (free of dairy & soy) so I decided that warranted a trip to Good Earth.
Okay, so that is not JUST a picture of chocolate chips. Apparently a few other things happened to fall into my basket too.
Organic whole wheat orzo pasta, a few flavors of a fun new drink for me to try, sesame seaweed crackery chips things, and Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate Ice Cream (has no dairy in it, just coconut milk). I will let you know how I like them as they are devoured.

I made some chicken for dinner loaded with spices and steam cooked. That is one of my preferred ways to cook chicken so there is no need to add any oils. Just put some water in and cover it with a lid, EASY PEASY.

I was feeling something indian-ish so I threw on a bunch of spices... garlic, ginger, black pepper, curry, ground mustard, coriander, cardamon and celery salt.
Broiled some brussel sprouts to go along with it. They were tossed with... a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, agave, italian seasoning and black pepper. Baby potatoes were served naked.
Everything was tasty, ESPECIALLY the chicken. This girl is NOT afraid of spices, the more the merrier I say.

Have you ever heard of someone who is afraid of deer? How could you be afraid of a deer right? My sister-in-law is. We basically think it is hilarious. We love you Maren!

No comments:

Post a Comment