Saturday, March 19, 2011

Provo's weather is trying to kill me

Today was a 12 mile run up around the mouth of Provo Canyon.

I checked the weather and was happy to see I would be beating the possible rain that would descend later in the day but had no idea I would be almost blown away! The last 7 miles was me running directly into the wind. It felt like someone was standing in front of me pushing on my shoulders. Ha, on the bright side my calves got a great workout.

After coming home and rolling around on the couch dozing while watching an episode of "Biggest Loser," (I am catching up, don't spoil it for me!) I decided to make my way to the gym to finish my workout.

45 mins of weights - back & shoulders. And probably another 10 mins of standing around talking to Janae. Good thing she had to peace out or I could have talked her ear off.

Ben and I hit up the WinCo later and right as I walked in the door, rows of BERRIES were starring at me! I.LOVE.BERRIES. They had raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries. Needless to say, I purchased all of the above.

And they were delicious.

I am starting a nasty little habit. "Nasty" in the true sense of the word. After my workout of Saturdays I have zero motivation to take a shower and get dressed. I mean, running errands is so much comfier (don't judge my spelling, I slaughter the english language) in spandex and running shoes. Life is just gooooood. I would way rather be running around in my gym clothes, CLEARLY showing to everyone "this girl is not even trying" than take a shower and put some dumpy outfit on and be uncomfortable/annoyed at it all day. Sorry Ben, but this is becoming a pattern.

First few times I tried to act cute, like I just forgot when around 5pm Ben asks if I am going to shower. "Who me!?!" But I am beginning to have no shame.

So here I am in all my "It's 10pm on Saturday night and I haven't washed my face" glory... savor it.

Before you judge, Ben does make me take a shower before getting in bed. Rude. Kinda spoils my fun.

Dear Ben,
Promise to only keep this a Saturday thing and continue looking like your wife all other 6 days of the week. Well... at least while I still work at a real job. After that, I can't make any promises.


I am going to need to invest in expanding my workout clothing selection. Sh!

Do you ever feel silly wearing your workout clothes all day? Or do you just embrace it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment