Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dreamy Sleep

Yup, It's Sunday and I got a lovely 9+ hours of sleep last night. Feeling pretty refreshed.

I had a lazy day. When I have nothing planned and no obligations, that is the best. No commitments=happy Holley. I think I have commitment issues.

After church we made a speedy meal that did not dissapoint.

Broiled talapia with onions, naked baby red potatoes and salad(romaine, kale, tomato, garbanzo beans, and green onions, drizzled with balsamic vinegar).

I admit, I ate about 1/3 of my fish before Ben reminded me to take a photo. It was just really good! Talapia was super flavorful...
_______________________________________
Tasty Talapia
-Talapia Fillets (Ben kept calling them "patties," it's okay, he has come a long way. At least he knows what Talapia is now!)
-Mixture of the following... (Lemon Juice, Dijon Mustard, Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, Fresh Parsley, Dill, S&P)
-1 Onion, sliced into thin rounds

Throw it all in a baking dish and rub everything around in the sauce and bake @ 450 degrees till flakey (about 15 mins), then broil until desired outcome.

Scientific right? That is how i cook, just throw it all together and bake it.
_______________________________________
Give it a try, it is worth it. Talapia is a great source of protein too! That 1 fillet on my plate had about 16 grams of protein and only about 100 calories. And don't even worry, cause I totally ate 2.

Later I had a hankering for popcorn. With my soy intolerance, I can't enjoy my old go to pictured below.It's a shame really but all microwave popcorn I have checked out either has soybean oil or butter flavoring etc. That is for the healthier versions at least. So, I remedied the situation and tested out popping some up on the stove.

My lovely assistant.

More like, I made Ben come in and stare at the pot with me until it started popping because I was convinced it wasn't going to work. He must have had the magic touch.
But it worked! And I know, not rocket science Holley. But hey, in the world of microwave popcorn where no one seems to own a popcorn popper anymore (or at least poor married people land), it seemed like a pretty far out novel idea.

On a serious note, it was nice to be able to control oil proportions, salt etc that you can't do with microwave popcorn. And it would probably work to even just air pop it if you really want to be healthy. BUT... let's be honest, that would probably be no fun at all. :)

Do you secretly LOVE not having anything to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment