Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stretch-Soup-Soccer Score!

WORKOUT:
50 min weights - back/shoulders
45 min spin class
20 min elliptical
I always stretch after my workouts but I think it is safe to say we are all guilty of not giving it the focus we should. I spent about15 min today really holding each stretch and focusing on my muscles. It felt so GOOD! My legs feel nice and loosey goosey now. I know I SHOULD stretch like that everyday.

Check out what I got in the mail yesterday! 
Top of Utah (Logan) Marathon info!

I have ran that race twice. The first time was also my very first marathon. It was really challenging physically and mentally, especially running with an injury (IT band problems). The following year I was unsure of how it would go not knowing if it was the actual race that was challenging for me, or my "first timer" experience. I wanted to come back and conquered it though, and I did. I felt like I breezed though and totally smashed my time, knocking an HOUR off!

Ben didn't even see me finish because he was still back at mile 20 waiting for me to run by. That was a funny phone call. "Hey where are you Ben? I have been done for half an hour!"

It has a special place in my heart. If we are still around on September 17th, I would totally do it again!
____________________________________

Dinner last night was ITALIAN EGG DROP SOUP. I wanted to use the orzo pasta I bought yesterday, so this was perfect.
Check out the nutrition facts here, because they are pretty rockin. For 1 1/2 cups it has 196 calories and 14 grams of protein!
Ingredients
-6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
-2 cups water
-1 1/3 cups whole-wheat pasta shells or other small pasta
-7 oz chickpeas
-1 bunch scallions, whites and greens divided
-Pinch of nutmeg
-3 cups chopped arugula (I subbed collard greens and kale here)
-4 large eggs, lightly beaten
-Freshly ground pepper to taste
-2 TB lemon juice
-6 TB Parmesan cheese (I omitted this and sprinkled a little nutritional yeast on top of mine instead)

Directions
1. Combine broth, water, pasta, chickpeas, scallion whites and nutmeg in pan; cover and let boil on high 3-5 min.
2. Stir in greens and cook till pasta is done. Put heat on low and slowly stir in eggs, cooking for 2 min. (Eggs will look like feathery strands.) Season with pepper and stir in scallions and lemon juice.

Soup is such a comfort food.
_____________________________________

We watched Logan & Maren's soccer game last night after soupy time.
Please note the goalie in the light blue penny totally snatching that ball. Go Logan!
Ben loves soccer and is pretty darn good if I can just brag for a minute. He asked me if anyone would notice if he just ran on the field and started playing. Mmm... think the jeans would give you away. He is totally going to be one of those dads on the sidelines when we have kids, yelling stuff at the coach etc. "Get in there!" "Take the shot!"  He couldn't even help himself last night. I love it, it's cute.

________________________________

I have to get a picture for my passport today. I practiced some ugly/expressionless faces before heading out the door. I think I got it down.
What?! A Passport you say!?!

Yes! We have been saying for the past year, that once Ben got a job we were totally going on VACATION! We seriously NEED one and DESERVE one bad. We aren't talking like, "where can we drive in our car," kind of vacation. I mean like the REAL DEAL. Like I might need a passport for it. We aren't decided yet since where we go will have a lot to do with where we can find the best deal. But if you have any good suggestions I would LOVE to hear them!

Oooo! And I am getting my haircut today! I LOOOOVVVVEE getting my haircut. Maybe because I am always servicing other people that it makes it all the more amazing when I get to be pampered a little.


Which would you rather do? Get a haircut or get a manicure?!
This is a complete no brainer for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment