Friday, March 25, 2011

An Apple a Day...

WORKOUT:
5.4 miles

Today is easy breezy day due to the fact I had an EARLY work meeting today and tomorrow is a long run. I have a date with my foam roller later today. And MAYBE I can talk Ben into a calf or hip massage?

Here are some snacks for the day, which I have been enjoying thus far.

And WHY you ask does, "An apple a day keep the dentist away"?

Because, eating an apple can kill up to 80% of the bacteria in your mouth! How cool is that?! 
You should totally go grab an apple right now. There are other fun reasons too, that you can check out here.


My Mom sent me this email recently in regards to how I am no longer vegan. "Hooray!  You have a little meat on your plate now. I am very pleased. OK!  I feel better now. I have been holding my comments back for three months. And I don't think that you look like any of your brothers without your makeup on. Love MOM."

So I don't have a man/brother face, MY MOM says so. And good to know she won't be losing anymore sleep about my "essential amino acids" anymore. We had a few of those conversations. My parents both grew up on farms... there are some strong feelings about meat. 

I will talk more about my VEGAN STINT later. Like why I decided to try it, how I felt, what I learned and why I stopped. So let me know if you have any specific questions so I can answer them.


Last night was a little more March Madness for us. Since I had like 2.5 mins from when I walked in the door from work, till when we headed out the door to go watch the game... dinner was whatever I could throw in a bowl VERY fast. 

I promise I don't just eat salads. Not much time to cook lately. This one was "springy", so that was a fun change. Imagine a slice of homemade bread off to the side as well.

Lettuce and chopped collard greens with the following: Strawberries, canned chicken, mandarin oranges, sunflower seeds, craisins and garbanzo beans. Topped it with fresh lemon juice and a little Aunnie's Naturals Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. 


BYU sports are something special to Ben. We CANNOT be late for kick-off, tip-off... whatever. Too many times I have been RUNNING to the stadium in 100 degree weather with my hands full of stuff trying to keep up with Ben as he dodges through the crowds. As soon as that fight song starts playing he will not be stopped.


He couldn't be happier here. (I assure you there IS a game being projected on that wall.)

 Pray for decent weather tomorrow while I am out running! If it was anything like today, I will look like a drowned rat when I get home!

Have you ever gone for a run and gotten caught in horrible weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment