Wednesday, June 15, 2011

5K Fun!

WORKOUT:
4 mile run
45 min spin class
5 min abs
10 min stretching

Now my brother MAY have said, "You aren't going to post this on your blog are you?" I think you can see him thinking that on his face in this picture. I can't NOT post a race though! A family member that is getting into running, are you joking me!?! 
Pretty sure he doesn't really read this blog though, so let's just keep it our little secret.
Ben and I had a great time watching all the runners come by. I LOVE watching little kids run in races! They are so stinkin cute! I wish I had gotten a picture of this one little boy running in to the finish. The look on his face was priceless! 3.2 miles is a long way for a little kid!
This little girl was killing it on her way in though, she was rocking it!

My brother did a great job though! He had a little shin splint pain but nothing too bad. I tried drilling into his head ICE ICE ICE... but I am not sure how much he was listening. ;)
We had a fun time enjoying the race and it was fun to be out there and supportining a good cause!
_________________________________

Recent eats: A roasted veggie smorgasbord!
Cauliflower, green pepper, eggplant and spinach.
_____________________________________
Do you ever choose races because of the cause they are raising money for or is it more of an added bonus to your running schedule???
I admit, I don't know how much attention I pay when I am actually running the race myself. But I thought about it a lot more acutally WATCHING this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive