Monday, June 20, 2011

Babies are coming!

WORKOUT:
8.5 mile run
60 min pump class

Another FABULOUS run this morning. I found a fun new neighborhood with great rolling hills to explore. It's my new favorite place to run.
___________________________________

Babies are coming!
No, not from me... but my great sister-in-law Heather is due pretty soon!

I crocheted a baby blanket for her and the new babe. Crocheting runs in the family. I think if I didn't do it my grandma would disown me. ;) She is a crocheting machine!
 It looks like neopolitan ice cream doesn't it?!
We had a fun shower for the Heather and enjoyed some more beautiful springy feeling weather.
Heather's mother-in-law Gloria is the sweetest lady. I don't know how I got so lucky with all my extended family and how great they are. I love getting to be around such good and happy people.
____________________________________

Recent eats- I branched out and had a yam after the par-tay. Colors other than green on my plate are something to celebrate. 
 And I made Ben a big pasta salad! Summer begs for LOTS of pasta salads in my book.
Orzo pasta, tomatoes, italian parsley, olives, green/red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh lemon and EVOO.
Ben has eaten half the bowl already, that is a sign of success
Cooking for other people is tricky when you can't taste the dishes. 
_____________________________________

Do you have skills that run in your family?
Crocheting, cooking and also sewing/quilting from my mom. I am working on getting the whole quilting part down. I have to master my skills before we have to move away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive