Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Amazing Ben

I hope you are having a lovely relaxing Sunday!

While I fill my time with all sorts of ridiculous and fanatical fitness and health hobbies, Ben just passes the time by changing people's lives. Not quite as important as mine, I KNOW!
Really though, he has been volunteering through a program that helps adults finish their high school courses and earn their GED. He has been doing this for over a year and the student he has been working with just graduated! 

It was really cool to attend the graduation and not only be excited for Ben's student but for everyone else that was graduating. Most of them had pretty amazing stories and it made me realize how much I take my education for granted. 
Ben's student walked a mile from the bus stop to school, twice a day to make it to her classes. She deals with some learning disabilities but she was super committed and had PERFECT attendance!
It is so exciting to see people so motivated to learn and come back and have the desire to finish!

I was pretty jazzed about the experience, though I realize I was just the supportive wife. Ben DID let me go buy flowers for her, so I got to help a little. ;)
I was pretty proud of both of them.
__________________________________

And while Ben continues to be AMAZING, I continuing eating things like this.

Lean ground turkey with cauliflower.
 Boring you say? No way! Don't forget the coconut oil and salt an pepper on there!
 I even got a little crazy and ate it in some lettuce boats. YEAH!
Sometimes I am just TOO creative for my own good. ;)
____________________________________

When was the last time you were inspired by the difficulty that someone else over came???
Um... about 50 times by each person at this graduation.

Does buying flowers make you happy?
YES! I love an excuse to buy them for people. They are so fun to pick out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive