Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You thought the cleaning was over!?!

WORKOUT:
7 mile run

I planned to hit up some yoga tonight but after a day with visiting friends and playing with babies, a few errands and a little walk... I am POOPED! Like embarrasingly pooped. I can't wait till I have my energy back. It is so crazy how easily I run out of gas these days. I think I hear a nap calling my name right now. ;)
_______________________________________

The race entry is still available! If you are interested in it, please email me so I have some contact info to get back at you with. Thanks!
_______________________________________

You thought the cleaning was over?!? Well, I thought so too. Unfortunately after Ben's parents started unpacking their boxes, we realized that there just wasn't enough room for everything. We ended up packing the rest of our kitchen goods and making more messes.
Yeah for packing! 
It is amazing how fast you can get it done when there is piping hot pizza waiting for Ben to eat on the stove and he is starving. Not to mention a 45 minute deadline until you need the kitchen clean and ready for hair clients that are arriving soon!
Pizza is like the perfect moving food. No prep, no clean up. Done and done!
I made myself some turkey stir fry with onions, collard greens and cabbage.
_________________________________

Rice cakes have been a bit of a savior to me through this Candida Diet. When push comes to shove and I am dying for some sort of carb, I will chomp on a couple of these. It does the trick. 
Remember when rice cakes were made fun of all the time? How they were like this ridiculous dieting craze? I can't remember the last time I had one before this diet and let me tell you... this girl in NOT making fun of them at all. Brown rice cakes are like one of the FEW traces of carbs they say you can have while trying to rid yourself of candida and they are actually pretty great. They will be sticking around in my pantry long after this is over.
________________________________
Do you like rice cakes?
I took a couple to the theater for a movie snack in lieu of popcorn. Genius idea. 35 calories for each little cake? That is one healthy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive