Friday, June 10, 2011

Girl's got self control

WORKOUT:
3 mile run
60 min spin class

It was a great surprise today in spin class to find out we were going to get an extra 15 mins in! From the normal 45 minutes up to 60 today! Great workout and lots of sweating!
___________________________________

Girl's got self control...

Or not. Let's get real. This whole crazy diet is okay with me about 95% of the time. During which I am happy munching away on all the protein and broccoli I can fit in my stomach. Huge overflowing plates of vegetables seem completely normal to me now!

I wish you could see the height in this photo. There is a whole pile of broccoli hiding under all that kale.

BUT... that other 5% of the time is filled with thoughts of swedish fish, cinnamon bears, ice cream and cake. Sugar people. My body is craving it. The first 5 days I did this diet it was kind of tough not to eat fruit but then I got into the swing of things and I didn't think about it. The last week though has been H-A-R-D. I literally sit and think about treats sometimes and have to find something else to occupy myself to make sure I don't end up in Ben's candy stash. I don't trust myself. 
My mom-in-law made a DELICIOUS looking dessert for my sister-in-law's b-day this week. Let me TELL you how much self control that took. 
I kid you not, I had to look away and stare at the floor a couple times. 

The inside was made with frozen strawberries, sweetened condensed milk, cool whip and crushed Oreo's on the bottom. OMG.
To top it off there was a chocolaty cake too! Normally store bought cakes don't even phase me. Not that day though, I wanted to eat the ENTIRE thing and savor every bite.
Ben even turned to me and asked if I was going to have some. Are you KIDDING me?!?
 Little rude babe. Come on.

I had to do SOMETHING, so I got up and made something else to eat. 

Spaghetti squash hash browns with eggs. Usually I would feel pretty good about this.
But this is REALLY how I felt about it.
I wish I could say the frustration in my face was an exaggeration but I kinda wanted to punch this plate in the face.
Oh man... tough day. So crazy how you are not tempted at all most of the time and then all of a sudden it hits you like a ton of BRICKS! I think I am getting a little sick of not being able to just eat what everyone else is eating in general. Even if I wasn't on this diet, I couldn't have eaten any of those yummy treats because they had lots of dairy in them. 

Can't a girl catch a break!?!
____________________________________

Please go eat some candy RIGHT NOW for me!!!
Preferably some gummi candy. Cinnamon bears, swedish fish, skittles or starburst. I would do it for you! Just don't tell me about it mmkay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive