Sunday, June 19, 2011

GREAT to Terrible

WORKOUT: 
7.5 mile run
60 min pump class

Yesterday started off great!

I LOVED my workout. It feels SOOO great to have more energy and just be able to go out and run like normal again! I have really missed that a ton. I also have a major crush on pump classes right now. I had been doing my own weight routines for such a while that I am loving mixing it up. Every teacher approaches it a little differently and I am really enjoying that. 

 Then we had a family bbq! 
The weather was perfect and divine. A lovely mid 70 degrees with perfect shade!
The food was all so pretty and colorful. Summer finally felt like it was here.
Then as I was enjoying my grilled asparagus and yummy chicken, it struck...
Over the past 2 weeks-ish, about 4 times I have had some TERRIBLE abdominal pain. It feels like the most TERRIBLE and AWFUL period cramps you could ever dream of. Agonizing, debilitating, rolling around on your bed in a cold sweat not knowing what to do with yourself... kind of pain.

SO weird. I started taking some new medicine for the Candida that I had heard great things about and figured that was what was causing it so after talking with the company and baking my dose WAY off, I thought I was in the clear. But it hit me again yesterday. Worse then ever before. 

The other times it lasted about 45 mins and then would subside and then I was completely fine. Those 45 mins were hell, but at least it was over after that. Yesterday though it went on and on and ON! 3 hours of horrible pain.

I had a little Gatorade and sucked on some lifesavers when they started going away, thinking maybe some sugar in my system would help me feel better and that maybe it was worse this time because I was low on electrolytes? I don't know. 5 Lifesavers later I was feeling better and ventured downstairs for more candy. My only regret was not having better candy on hand. Hey, if candy is going to heal that horrible pain that makes me want to die... I will do what I have to.

I was starving... so 1 banana, 2 oranges and several handfuls of Quaker Oat Squares later... I was feeling a lot better. Yeah, none of that is anything I supposedly should eat on my Candida Diet, but I think my body might have been trying to tell me something. "Knock off the craziness Holley, give me a break!"

The jury is still out of how my body is feeling from the food I ate, but for now I am taking it easy and eating sugars/fruits and a few whole grains like oatmeal.

I have another doctor appointment with a new doctor on Tuesday (as my family practitioner basically told me I was a quack for thinking I had Candida and she didn't even believe it was a real thing), so I am hoping to get some more insight on this whole thing then. Until then I think I am going to see how my body reacts to eating more normally. Crossing my fingers I continue to feel okay.

So sorry about the lack of a post yesterday but I was a little out of commission. :(
______________________________________

Did you enjoy the beautiful day yesterday?
For about 6 hours, yes I did. Best day for a BBQ! When it starts getting hotter bbq's end up being so hot and sweaty... that is no good!

Do you ever feel like you are in a fight with your body???
Um... YES! Can't he just hug and be friends!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive