Thursday, June 30, 2011

More Cake!

WORKOUT:
Day off

Didn't get much sleep last night as I was up most the night with stomach cramps again. Oh the joy of the journey. If it's not one thing then it's the other. The new medicine I got from my doctor may be the culprit this time as I have been on it for a week and a half. Yesterday morning I felt pretty rotten with cramps and my stomach was touch and go the rest of the day. Then last night it was pretty rough. I am laying off the medication for a few days to see if I can determine if it's the culprit. :(

I was REALLY looking forward to getting in a solid workout today as we just got back from D.C. last night.  Hopefully tonight will go better. 
________________________________

Recently we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday! 
It is birthday season over here for realz. ;)

There was a yummy homemade cake...
And lots of family time and conversation!

Isn't it nice to just have a good conversation with someone else? Totally random, but that is something that I have really been appreciating lately and I don't think most people value enough. Chatting on a walk, sitting on the porch, on a long drive...is so refreshing mentally! I am loving all the family time I am getting and great chats that have ensued.
Who doesn't love a good birthday?!
___________________________________

Recent eats here-
Pasta salad veggie stir-fry and avocado for Ben...
And tons of stir-fry veggies and chicken for me!
Good thing my garden is growing like crazy and I can start getting some of my greens from there! I scored a huge bag of spinach today and I didn't even dent it!

Hallelujah for summer and great produce! This is a bag of candy in my book. ;)
Oranges, watermelon, bananas and peaches!
__________________________________

What would you rather have? 
Fruit or candy???
Probably a pretty hard questions for some of you candy lovers out there. It DEFINITELY would be fruit for me. I LOVE it so much. I promise I won't judge though if you say candy. ;)

When was the last time you had a great chat with someone???
I had LOTS over the past week with my sister-in-law Ash. She is really great to talk to and we had lots of good chats in the car seeing the sights! Hurry up and move back to Utah guys! Wait... or just stay in D.C. so we keep having an excuse to come out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive