Friday, July 1, 2011

Parade of Homes Wrap Up

WORKOUT:
45 min weights - back/chest/biceps/triceps

My stomach is still feeling a little off today, so I decided to forgo the cardio. I have been missing my solid weight workouts so this was the perfect time get one in. Sometimes when you can't do the workout you were planning on you feel like... why even work out? Those are the days you need to make sure to get something in the most. I admit I thought that a little this morning as I lay in my comfy bed.

Weight training is so important though for weight management and to keep up your metabolism. I have heard several fitness experts say, if you had to choose cardio and lifting, you should always go for the weights. So if you are having a day when you are not motivated to get up and hit your routine, make it a point to at least get some stregnth training in!

You will feel so much better later too. PROMISE!
___________________________________

We finished the Parade of Homes before we scooted off to D.C. There really were some FABULOUS homes this year. I think I might have found the house of my dreams.
Pictures can't do it justice.
It was just so beautiful. Sigh... it was only like 1.2 million. That isn't TOO much to ask right?
But now...What did I learn at Parade of Homes?

1. Blue booties are sexy.
They make you wear these sweet shoe covers before you go in each house. H-O-T!

2. Huge houses are overwhelming to me!
There were several million dollar homes on the parade this year and they are always super fun to look at. The rooms seem to go on FOREVER though and the enormity is just boggling. If you have a house like that you will have to get like 3 maids to keep it clean! Being in them just kind of stressed me out a little. Isn't that so weird? Just walking from one end of the house to the other is exhausting! I can't imagine chasing kids around it.

3. Children's play areas.
(Sorry I didn't take a photo of one, I was just snapping shots of things I liked.)
They drive me a little nuts. I just think they are the weirdest things! They are a PERMANENT feature built in to you house for a TEMPORARY phase of life. If you don't know what I am talking about, they are like little doll house type things built into a wall of your house that kids enter through a super short door. How is a parent supposed to get in there and clean anything? And if you had to go and get your kid out you would have to crawl on your hands... so weird. They are always so themey too... I am just not into that kind of stuff. Plus what are you going to do with that once your kids grow up?

4. Themed rooms... can't dig it. 
Nothing wrong with painting your little girls room pink or something, but when you make each bedroom in the house completely different it can be overkill. I am talking about like MAJOR themed rooms. Like one room is an aquarium and then next is a hunting lodge.

5. Clean lines.
I LOVE them. I am a more modern design kind of girl. I just don't like froof or the feel of clutter that over designing brings. I already knew this about myself but it was just reaffirmed to me like a MILLION times in good examples and bad. Give me modern simplicity and clutter free surfaces please!
6. Hard wood floors.
A MUST have when we buy a house someday. Ben and I are both in agreeance on that.

7. A vanity in the bathroom.
I REALLY want one someday.

Luckily Ben and I are on aggreeance with most things we "liked" and "disliked." Phew!
Though Ben considers a home theater and full sized indoor basketball court a little bit more of a necessity than I do. ;)
___________________________

What things are a MUST in your future home someday!?!
Hardwood floors and open floor plan. 

What do you want your home to FEEL like?

When I walk in my house I want it to feel like a big hug. Inviting, organized and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment