Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Celebrating Freedom!

WORKOUT:
1 hour pump class
30 min extra free weights
30 min leisurely bike ride

We got our bikes out today! I have been wanting to bust out our bikes with all this sunshine we have been having, but it just hadn't happened yet. We got them back in action today and had a nice leisurely ride enjoying the beautiful day!
Looking forward to MUCH more riding in the near future. Maybe it I will even get a tan doing it. Who knows! ;) I have high hopes for a tan this year.
___________________________

The 4th was everything I hoped it would be!
Perfect weather for the parade this year, overcast so we didn't get scorched in the heat and cute nieces to play with!
Don't mind the hand in the bottom of the picture, a little person really wanted to play with my camera.
Then we got the grill going...
and had a super tasty BBQ!
I plated up a baked potato with avocado, chicken and quinoa salad.
Again, the weather was DIVINE! You know how sometimes at summer BBQ's you get so hot from the weather and the heat from the grill that by the end you are a sweaty mess? That is no fun. It stayed not too hot and even had a lovely breeze all afternoon. Perfect for enjoying the outdoors and chatting it up with the family.

Lilly had a great time in the shade rolling around. She kept trying to eat dead leaves so we gave her an empty root beer bottle to play with. She thought that was the coolest thing ever. It was really cute how excited she got. Man, why do we spend so much money on fancy baby toys when they love the simplest things?
Not that we should be giving babies glass bottles to play with, but she seemed to enjoy my wooden spoons and other kitchen utensils just as much.

We played some games to which one I lost HORRIBLY and then the next I CREAMED everyone! I just like to keep them guessing. 
Thanks family for a FABULOUS day! I could sit on the porch on a cool summer night and chat with you all night!
_____________________________________
What was your favorite eat on the 4th?!?
I hadn't had a baked potato in a really long time. My brother rubbed them in olive oil and sea salt before we baked them and it took them beyond the regular baked potato. The skin is the best part, it got so crispy and yummy!
Do you have any unusual traditions for the 4th???
Mmm... we are pretty predictable. Nothing wrong with that, but it is fun to hear what other people do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment