Sunday, July 3, 2011

Marathon Weekend

This is a little belated, but remember how I wasn't able to run the Utah Valley Marathon?
Well, I still met up with this fun girls the day before and wished them all good luck and happy running!
Oh, and there were cute babies there too. ;)
It killed me a little that so many fun girls were running either the half or full marathon! Usually when I race I know like 1 person or no one and end up doing a solo act. Which is really fine, to me running is such an individual thing, but it would have been fun this time to do it with so many friends!

Going to pick up the race packet for someone else running in my place was a major bummer. I LOVE going to the expos before and rubbing shoulders with other runners and basically just getting excited for the race. Ben usually has to drag me out of there because he is getting bored. Totally different experience when you are so bummed you aren't running it and trying to get in and out as fast as you can as to not further depress yourself.

But alas, after my morning workout I decided to head over to the finish that morning anyways and try to catch a few friends crossing the finish. I got to see Ashley which was really fun!
How cute does she look crossing the finish line?!

The finish line was like BLOCKS from my house. How perfect would that have been? Ben could have just walked over and seen me finish! Then we both could have just strolled home when I was done! I mean really... 
But I kicked my sorry butt and decided I was going to be excited and happy for all the racers even though I was secretly so jealous inside. If I hadn't of actually registered for the race and everything in advance I probably wouldn't have been so attached. I mean I HAD the bib and everything. Enough Holley, quit your whining. ;)

Despite my lameness, we hooked up with our friends later that night and had a good time at a local street fair.
The Gonzags are ALWAYS a good time! ;)
There was good laughs, scones, games and fireworks!
Aren't cool summer nights the best?!?
_____________________________

Have you ever signed up for a race and not be able to run it?
Did you go and cheer others on? Or hide in your house and pout?
I did both, so I guess they cancel each other out. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment