Monday, July 11, 2011

Do you need a treat?

WORKOUT:
4 mile run
70 min pump class
Good stretching

This mornings run was great because Ben came with me! We haven't been running together for a while. He has been on an afternoon workout routine with a friend and I have been running longer distances, so those two things haven't been working together very well. 4 miles is his idea of a run. Any longer than that and our marriage bliss starts taking some hits. ;)
__________________________

I had some questions about the granola that I posted recently for the recipe. I posted the recipe for Guiltless Granola and you can find it here!

You will LOVE it! Promise. Great basic granola recipe that you can change up with different things added to it each time! If you want to be EVEN healthier, you could also use agave nectar instead of the honey listed. ;) ENJOY!
___________________________

You know when you just need a treat? Sometimes it is just time!

Ben has never turned me down to make an ice cream run. Our favorite place for shakes is Iceburg. The shakes tower over the rim of the cup they are so HUGE! We used to split one but now Ben just has to own it by himself since I have been off dairy. He is TOTALLY fine with that, but it is kinda sad. Those were good days. And dang it, those shakes STILL look pretty amazing.
After much deliberation Ben decided on the Lemon Custard shake.
As the trusty co-pilot I fed him spoonfuls until we got home. That monster shake was melting!
We made a pit stop for me where I could pick up a dairy/soy free treat for me. 
I got Coconut Bliss Mint Galactica. 
The name was just so fun, I had to get it.
Mmmm.... it was really good. 
Hit.The.Spot.

I just might have eaten 1/2 the container and the finished off the rest the next day. I couldn't stop thinking about it till it was gone. I had to get it out of my house. And by that I mean, into my BELLY! ;)

Don't worry, healthy things were STILL consumed. 

Stir-fried kale with herbs and garlic topped with eggs. 
Wasn't anything fancy but it filled me up.
Gotta make up for all the ice cream right!?!
______________________________
How often do you get the URGE that you need a treat? Every day? Once a week?
Since I am still not eating sugar, I honestly don't crave them that much. Since being on this diet, which has been about 2 months now, I have only really been DYING for a treat about 4 or 5 times. It is interesting once you stop eating sugar and get it out of your body how much less you crave it. Though maybe it is just because I know I CAN'T have it even if I wanted to that makes me not even think about it. When I do have a little treat here and there on a normal diet, I crave sweets MUCH more.

No comments:

Post a Comment