Sunday, July 24, 2011

Strawberry Whipped Sensation!

And no, I didn't make that name up. That is just part of how awesome it is!

So I posted a photo of this prior on the blog and got some questions for the recipe. I haven't made this myself or even tasted it, because it is filled with dairy, but from all that I heard, it was divine! ;) This recipe comes from my lovely mother-in-law Christine.

Strawberry Whipped Sensation


4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip thawed, divided
8 Oreo cookies finely chopped

1 TB butter, melted

Line 8x4 loaf pan with foil. Mash 2 cups of strawberries in large bowl. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and 2 cups of the Cool Whip, pour into pan. Top with crushed cookies and butter and press this into the mixture. Cover.  Freeze at least 6 hours.


To serve, invert the pan onto a plate. Remove foil.  Frost with remaining Cool Whip and top with the remaining strawberries (sliced and arranged how ever you want!) Makes 12 servings.

Enjoy! If you make it, let me know how it turns out! I love photos too. ;)

______________________________________

What is an irresistible dessert ingredient for you? Like, if it is put in a dessert you just can't say no to it.
Mine would be like added cookie or candy bar pieces. Like Oreos, Nutter Butters or crushed Snickers or Twix. Oh man!

No comments:

Post a Comment