Saturday, July 2, 2011

Good eats!

WORKOUT:
8 mile run 
45 min weights - legs/shoulders

Last night was the first time in about 4 days that I slept through the night without any stomach pain. Thank goodness! Not only did it feel great to get a real night of sleep, but I felt like I could hit the pavement this morning and get in a great run!

Could the weather today be any more beautiful? Probably not. It is a 4th of July extravaganza over here and on my run I got to see the hot air balloons launch, pass the farmer's market and run by the street fair and see all the vendors out this morning. Glorious.
____________________________

Mom invited us over for a family dinner at their house and we trekked on over!
Of course I needed a snack in the car to tie me over... watermelon was perfect!
My mom didn't mess around with the HUGE stakes she bought and grilled up!
Ben didn't complain on the size of the steaks and stuck to the basics with steak and potatoes.
He really did eat some greens later, I just had to capture the pure "boy" moment.

My plate on the other hand...
Very colorful and TRULY delightful! 
Baby greens with tomato, peaches, potato, apple and steak. I had a little strawberry rhubarb topping on the side for the steak. That might sound weird but it was REALLY good. 

Dessert was Chocolate Peanut Mud Pie.
Holy cow! My mom was pulling out all the stops! 
I passed of course on the dairy but Ben was in heaven. He assured me it was delicious. His two favorite things married together. Cake AND ice cream.
__________________________________

What does your family usually eat when you get together???
My mom always includes meat and I swear potatoes. I think that comes from her childhood growing up on a farm. That is just what they did then! And if we have dessert... there is always chocolate. My mama has a serious sweet tooth. This is the lady who stashes a chocolate bar in her purse for "emergencies." Haha... I am yet to see what warrants a chocolate "emergency." :)
What are YOUR 4th of July weekend plans???
Hot air balloons, parade, street fair, fireworks, family and BBQ! I love the 4th weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment