Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DC - Thai Food Edition

WORKOUT:
10 mile run

I got up earlier and went running while it was still cool and shady this morning. I love it when it is the perfect temperature that you don't feel sweaty, but perfectly air conditioned by a cool breeze. My 6 mile run I had planned quickly turned into 10. I was enjoying myself too much to only do 6. :)
_________________________________

Quick update on my family that is getting fit! Week 2 weigh-in numbers were GREAT!

Weight Lost Week #2
Dad- 2 lbs  (Total Lost 7 lbs)
Mom- 3 lbs (Total Lost 5 lbs)
Sister- 5.5 lbs (Total Lost 7.5 lbs

This was there first week without me around to give them tips of diet and make sure they were getting their sweat on. The girls did AMAZING and my Dad rocked it to! He had shoulder surgery half way through that week and was gaining a lot of fluid weight. I told him to hang in there and keep drinking lots of water and sticking to his diet even though he couldn't workout. The fact that he still knocked off 2 lbs during that week is awesome! He told me we will see big numbers next week. Can't wait! :)
________________________________

Thai food is delicious! Love me some Thai curry!
We hit up a great local spot on Ben's birthday. Old man is the same age as me again. For 6 months out of the year Ben relishes the fact that he is younger than me. If my age ever comes up he makes it sound like I am SOOOO old. Then someone usually asks how old HE is and he sheepishly has to admit it's only 6 months difference. Ha! Welcome to old person land with me again! That is until December rolls around. Shoot! How do these numbers keep adding up?
I had Yellow curry with beef, bamboo shoots, red pepper, potato and Thai basil. 
I talked Ben into getting this fancy duck dish so I could try some too. I can't remember the name but it was really good. Duck is pretty fatty, but it was yummy and spicy goodness.
_________________________________________

Do you ever need some good trashy TV and need it STAT?!? I need some RIGHT now. Darn you no cable. Hulu and Netflix work most of the time, but nothing is the same as mindlessly flipping through ridiculous reality TV. I need a fix!
_________________________________________
Ever learn the hard way the quirky characteristics of a new cooking ingredient?
I just did. I didn't realize that using quinoa flour would make my would be pizza dough so bitter. It is baking but I am afraid I won't be able to salvage it. Totally makes sense now that I think about it, but I am starving like marvin! I don't know if I have the strength to whip up a new batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment