Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chicken Curry

Happy Sunday!
I hope you are all having a restful day and enjoying some beautiful weather!
I gloriously slept in till 9am and then stayed in my pajamas for another couple hours before heading to church. Heaven. ;)
__________________________________

I realized I have been slacking sharing recipes BIG time. Recently I whipped up some a curry recipe which I am loving right now. I hope you like it!

CHICKEN CURRY


2 diced chicken breasts
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 TB fresh ginger

1/2 TB tumeric
1 TB cumin
1/2 TB garam masala
1/2 TB curry powder
red pepper flakes to preference
salt & pepper

1 diced green pepper
1/2 head chopped cauliflower
2-3 small potatoes


1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups water (or more)

-Saute chicken, onions, garlic and ginger until chicken is almost done cooking. 
-Add all your dry spices and give it a good stir and then also add your diced veggies covering them with all the spices as well.
-Next add the tomatoes and water and cover with a lid to preserve liquid and simmer until the vegetables are cooked. If during your cooking too much liquid boils off, you may need to add more water.
-Once veggies are cooked, remove from heat and serve over brown rice!

*Sometimes I will pour a little chicken broth over my rice to make it a little moister, if you don't end up with enough liquid left you may choose to do that. I have a tendency to cook my meals as FAST as I can, so sometimes I end up boiling off too much of my liquid. I am a little impatient. ;)

*Feel free to switch up the vegetables with whatever you have on hand or what sound good! You could easily throw in some spinach, peas, broccoli or yams for the potatoes! Get crazy!
_________________________________

Are you a fan of ethnic dishes???
YES!!! I LOVE trying new things and then seeing if I can replicate them at home. I really wanted to make this a lamb curry dish but OMG lamb is so expensive! I will just have to make sure I order the lamb next time we eat out. I am especially in love with Indian and Thai food right now. Yum!!! I am making myself HUNGRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment