Thursday, July 7, 2011

Playing in the garden

WORKOUT:
1 mile warm up
1 hour pump class
20 mins free weights
15 min elliptical

I went out in the garden and was picking some spinach and sweet peas after my workout and my legs were so tired to just squat down! Good workouts this week! In pump we did the same routine that we did on Tuesday as well. It was a leg burner! Yeeoch!
________________________________

While I stayed with my mom we also had good times playing in her garden!
You wouldn't know that they recently moved by how set up all her plants are! She didn't waste any time and I admit I am jealous of all her planter boxes.
She is growing EVERYTHING I swear. I am most jealous of her lettuce and spring salad mixes that she is growing. Almost everyday she brings in a new bag of fresh spring greens mix, like the fancy stuff you buy at the store! At first when I saw it in the fridge I wanted to eat it but felt bad because I know that stuff is pricey and that I could polish it off with no problem with the amount of greens I eat. But I did sneak a big handful and then to my surprise saw ANOTHER big bag appear the next day! Once I realized where it was coming from I was SO jealous! I love all those curly little lettuce leaves and bits of greens mixed together. Better believe every meal after that was on a bed of fancy lettuce. Yum!

Sauteed zucchini on fresh greens with hard boiled eggs.
I am also jealous of her rhubarb right now. We always had that in our garden growing up and I have been having the biggest craving for some rhubarb pie or cobbler! Oh man! I will have to see if I can switch up some sort of recipe to make it remotely candida friendly. That might be tough as I have never tried rhubarb without any sweetener. So something without any real or artificial sweeteners... any great ideas out there?

We made a trip to the cute nursery where my mom picks up her plants. I needed to grab a few things to supplement what I have already planted at my house and my mom grabbed a few herbs and tomato cages.
After I planted my garden seeds we had a TORRENTIAL downpour for about a week and it washed some of my seeds away. So I snagged some chives, zucchini, parsley and basil to add back in.
I tried to be a good house guest and help make some food for the fam too. I whipped them up some pesto pasta salad. Never disappoints. Fresh and light!
___________________________________
What do you love about being around your family???
When it is just fam I love that you don't feel like you have to impress anybody. If I don't want to fix my hair or wear make-up they could care less! I guess cause they have seen you at your best and worst so it doesn't make a difference. It is refreshing to not worry about getting all done up everyday with an outfit, hair & make-up. It's like being on vacation. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment