Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DC Part 3!

WORKOUT:
4.5 mile run
1 hour TurboKick class
___________________________________

Breakfasts on the trip usually started off with some oatmeal. When you top it with FRESH Costco peaches and strawberries, you really can't go wrong.

We got to celebrate TWO birthday's while we were in town. For Jess's b-day, they took us out to a really great place.
We started out with an appetizer of steamed muscles in an AMAZING tomatoey-goodness sauce. 
I had never really had muscles before but saw another table order them and I felt like we had to try them.
They didn't dissapoint. I may admit to slurping up some extra sauce on my plate.
Dinner was FABULOUS too. I wish I could remember the fancy names for all the dishes we had, but I had the salmon cooked to PERFECTION atop fingerling potatoes with peas and muscles on the side.
 I forgot that my entree had muscles when choosing the appetizer, but since they were SO good it was a win-win situation. ;)
Ben had the pork chop atop some amazing mashed potato concoction and zucchini I believe with a honey glaze-y sauce.
It smelled divine and he said it was the best pork chop he had ever had.

I appreciate nicer restaurants where the portion sizes are smaller and not gargantuan. Then you can actually order the other courses. We were on such a roll with amazing food that I HAD to check out the dessert menu. It had some real gems on it. Unfortunately the kitchen was out of the items that made them special though. Tear. So we didn't splurge on dessert too. That's what happens sometimes when they just cook what is fresh and in season and have a rotating menu. I'll take it though, cause everything else was SOOOO good. Good thing we don't live closer to that place because we can't afford that fancy schmancy stuff all the time. :)

Thanks Jess and Ash for a fabulous dining experience in D.C.!
__________________________________
Which would you have rather had? My salmon or Ben's pork chop!?!
If I could have eaten anything on the menu, I would have gotten the crab cakes. Mmm... I love crab cakes! The butter dairy goodness kept me far away though. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment