Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DC Part 2

WORKOUT:
1 hour pump class
1 hour lifting on my own

There was a SEVERAL hour break in between those sessions of lifting weights. I was STARVING during pump class and just ended up coming home and eating before I finished my workout. You know those days when you are just so hungry and you can't seem to get full? I was having one of those. Then I was tired and laid around watching The Bachelorette from last night. Let's just say the long bike ride up the canyon I had originally planned for the day didn't happen. I had a hard time pulling myself up off the couch for anything. I made it back to the gym around 1pm with Ben to finish up my workout though. It was actually better because with a break in between the sessions it gave my muscles a rest so I could work hard again and finish up.
____________________________________

One day in D.C. was mainly spent walking to all the monuments and enjoying the stroll along the river and how pretty it is there!

Really every monument had a great view of something. All of them were really pretty.

This photo is on the walk towards the Jefferson Memorial. You can see the Washington Monument in the background.
After taking several photos trying to cram our heads together to fit the Lincoln Memorial in the background, some woman took pity on us and said she would take our photo.
It felt weird to take photos with the war monuments and be smiling. It just felt really weird. So I opted for this instead of the Vietnam Memorial.
The Washington Monument was the last one we stopped at making a full circle tour of all of them. (They are not all pictured, I didn't want you to be completely bored. Your welcome.) It was a heavenly break because it was really windy and cool on the platform and I could just lay down and look up at the incredibly blue sky and cool off while enjoying the view.
Things got a little sweaty on our walk-a-thon, so it felt amazing.
Lunch was always random since we were out and about so I tried to plan ahead each day and bring something along. This Split Pea soup I picked up at Whole Foods and brought along was SUPER good. 
There is basically fast food or hot dog stands right around all museums etc, so when you want to grab a quick bite, you just have to go with the flow. Hence why I packed my lunches. Ben didn't feel that was a problem at all and happily enjoyed his Micky-D's.
While we sat in a food court and Ben ate his McDonald's along with everyone else around us, it was funny because a Dad of a family sitting right by us kept staring at me. Finally he said he wished he had some celery and other healthy snacks, like I was eating, instead of the greasy stuff he was eating. Ha! Ben got a kick out of that, but also thought he was a little crazy. I had celery, carrots, nuts and rice cakes in our backpack basically the whole time to munch on. FINALLY someone else besides me was appreciating them! Haha, Ben never too me up on my offers to share with him. :)
___________________________________

When you are out and about on trips, what do you usually do for lunch and snacks? Do you just eat whatever is around or do you pack a lunch like a totally mom like me?
Ha, I know I am a little nutzo, but I really feel so much better when I have control over what I am eating. Also we didn't want to spend lots of food and decided we would rather go to a few REALLY nice places to eat instead of a lot of middle of the road ones. Great decision for us and I think we will keep repeating that with other vacations. I love going to fancy places. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment