Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Zucchini frittata and heading to Mom's!

WORKOUT:
9 mile run
Quick abs and stretching

This mornings run was a little hot! I am going to have to start making sure I pass somewhere along the way to refill my hand held water bottle. It was beautiful though! 

I was listening to a book on my iPod. That seriously makes my runs fly by. If you need a little help tricking yourself into running longer, that is a great way. ;) I have also been listening to Jillian Michael's podcasts too. I am kinda new to this whole podcast thing though and haven't looked into it too much. Does anyone have any good recommendations for free ones that they love?
__________________________________

My  mom gets SOOOO excited whenever I come to spend time with her at her house. Even if I just come for a few hours she is always asking me if I brought my stuff to stay the night. It is really cute and honestly I am really enjoying having her so much closer. Not to mention not having a normal job anymore so that I can actual see her more often! 

I packed up my stuff and headed out to spend a couple days with her so we could get our crafting party on.
I packed up all my food so it was ready to go as I always have to bring stuff with me to make sure I have the right kinds of things to eat for my finicky body.
By the time I get the food together PLUS my other stuff, it looks like I am ready to move out. It is ridiculous I know... looks like I am leaving for like a month!
I realized how sweet of a gig it IS to staying a few days over at my parents though.

Enter BIG bed ALL to myself. 
Ben and I are both kind of bed hogs. In a perfect world we would have something even bigger than a King size! I admit, I sprawl out in bed and I don't like anything touching me. So Ben always says I end up pushing him over to a TINY little corner on his side of the bed. I don't know about that, I mean... if he only realized that I WAS restraining myself and actually trying to keep to my side. If it was just me I would be right in the middle taking up the whole bed. So for 2 nights I did just that... it was FABULOUS.
(No offense babe... but I know you enjoyed having OUR bed to yourself too. ;)
Plus, I get to watch all the HGTV, Food Network and other trashy shows I can handle! Not only do my parents actually have cable... which WE do not, she has a tv RIGHT in front of the sewing machine!
Um... perfect? With my bowl of celery to munch on, I was a sewing machine! Just keep the House Hunter's rolling.

I also enjoyed my own personal bathroom and the GREAT gym that is literally 1/2 a block away. Not a bad sich at all!
____________________________________

EATS
Zucchini & Spinach Frittata
This turned out great. And it was SUPER filling. I had to give Ben a huge piece and I was STILL stuffed. Definitely wasn't able to finish it. 
My eyes were WAY bigger than my stomach on this one.
But it was SUPER good!
___________________________________
What do you do with your mom when you get together???
My mom LOVES to sew and quilt. So spending time doing that with her basically makes all her dreams come true. It is fun for me to and I am trying to learn as much as I can. She also loves to have people play in the garden with her and cook. I DO trick her every once and a while and go shopping or out to eat. I have plans to trick her into going for pedicures soon. Shh!

No comments:

Post a Comment