Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week of Workouts!

I apologize for my absense this week. It has been busy! 

First off, I have been working hard with my family members chasing them around as their trainer. It has been fun, but not lacking in the "WHOLE LOTTA WORK" area. Planning 3 meals a day and 3 snacks, working out with them and making sure they are learning correct form on their exercises and all the other motivating and grocery shopping that comes with it, has consumed ALL my time! 

It has been totally worth it though. I feel like they are really beginning to grasp the concepts for themselves and will be able to plan future meals for themselves and keep up the workout plans. After their first week we had a weigh in and we got some great numbers!

Weight Lost
Dad- 5 lbs
Mom- 2 lbs
Sister #1- 2 lbs
Sister #2- 2 lbs

So great! Those were EXACTLY my goals for them for the first week! I am not even kidding. They nailed it on the head like champs! Can't wait to see how they do this next weigh in with me not being around as much. Keep it up guys! (No pressure... :)
________________________________

Even though I was chasing them around all week, I did get in a really SOLID week of workouts for myself as well! Every day I really feel like I got a great workout and I LOVE that feeling!

Monday:
6 mile run
1 hour PowerTone class
5 mile hike with my Dad and Ben

PowerTone is a class they don't offer at the gym in my area, but I may have found my new OBSESSION! Whenever I am staying over in Bountiful to visit my parents I am going to make sure I can get to that class! It runs off doing circuits and you go at your own pace and try to get in as many repetitions of the circuit as you can. Monday's class was this...

10 flights of stairs
1/2 mile run
30 burpees
30 walking lunges (stepping with your right leg and then with your left counts as 1 lunge)
30 shoulder press
30 crunches

I got in 4 reps and then had time to cool off and stretch before class was over.  I don't ever do burpees on my own accord, but make it a little competitive and I am all about it! LOVED IT. Seriously, SO SO SAD that we don't have this class at my gym. Anyone listening to this? Hook it up in Provo PLEASE!!!

Tuesday:
4 mile run
1 hour weight training - mostly lower body

Wednesday:
2.5 mile run
1 hour TurboKick
2 mile run

Though I am certified to teach TurboKick, I haven't been to a class since it got nice outside! It was so fun and I found a new teacher I love!

Thursday:
1 mile run as a warm up
1 hour pump class
3 mile run

Hammered on the lower body in pump. LOTS of lunges and squats, oh yes! I would have run longer but that tends to take the "get up" out of your legs a little. ;)

Friday:
6 mile run
1 hour spin class!

Oh how I miss spin when I don't have it! :( PowerTone might rock my socks in Boutiful, but the spin classes there leave a LOT to be desired. Bore-tail if you hear me. So being back for my normal class on Friday with the FABULOUS Christy for a teacher was so fun! I even got lucky and she took the class for a FULL hour instead of the usual 45 mins. I have to butter her up so she keeps that going. ;) Great leg work again, I am all about the lower body these days.

Saturday: (Today's Workout!)
7 mile run
1 hour Pump class

Glorious run in the cool morning air! Fab.

Pump class was PACKED today! Getting equipment was quite a competition! I had to scour the gym to find free weights to use and weights for my bar. I scrounged enough up only to come back to find some lady trying to jack my stuff while I was gone! Who does that!?! Really you didn't know that was somebodies stuff? That water bottle and keys sitting on top of it didn't tip you off? Manners lady!


I had to share my week of workouts with you because I loved each workout so much! Each pushed me and I left feeling pooped. All the variety was really fun too. From hiking, to TurboKick, spin, running, lifting and the rest. 

Really I workout for myself, not for anyone else or to prove anything to anyone. It is my time to focus on me, blow of any negativity and get my endorphins going! This week reminded me just how much it means to me having that quality time to myself. I would go NUTS without it!
____________________________________________

Tomorrow I have a fabulous recipe for you! A request from a reader about a previous post

Just go ahead and start salivating now... I am. ;)


Ben is taking me to dinner tonight, either Indian or Thai food. Oh man, I am STARVING and that photo isn't helping. We better get this show on the road before I start eating my arm!
________________________________________

What was your FAVORITE workout this week?
Monday for sure! Getting in a run and then a kick butt class rocked! Later in the day going for a hike felt great and the weather was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment