Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Green goo builds muscles!

WORKOUT:
4 mile run
30 min weights
Walk with family

Part of my workout for the day was running around like a CRAZY WOMAN working out some family members and cooking TONS of meals for them and prepping food for the upcoming week. I am POOPED! But their freezer is totally stocked with meals for them. I hardly had time to squeeze in that dinky little workout for myself!

 My Mom, Dad and sister asked me to help them get on a program to get in shape. If you think it is tricky to figure it out for yourself and stay on top of that all day (especially when you have crazy diet restrictions going on), shoot... doing it for 3 MORE people is some serious work!

We have been going over the basics in what they need to do with nutrition and their exercise programs and tailoring them to their lifestyles and fitness levels. It has been a BUSY day, but I feel like we got a ton done and I am excited to see what will happen! :)
________________________________

I made up some green goo that turned out pretty tasty!

You know how I have been on a roasting veggie kick? Well I roasted up a huge pan of cauliflower and broccoli and green pepper brushed with olive oil and then I threw it in the blender. I added to that some fresh cilantro, lemon juice, green onion and s&p. 

Behold, the GREEN GOO!

You need to add some water so you can blend it well. Chicken broth would be a great choice too.


Now, I know it doesn't look like much in the blender... but I threw that over a big bed of greens with some grilled steak and I was feeling pretty great about my creation.


I tell ya, broiling can do NO wrong.

All that broccoli and cauliflower went straight to these babies.

At least that is what I tell Ben, and then he just laughs at me. I know, I will never be able to compete with these guns!
________________________________

What is a weird food combo/meal you came up with and ended up diggin???
Green goo is definetly up there. Though, I think I am so immune to my own weirdness/ridiculousness in food I only notice the SUPER weird things I eat. All that other stuff is just normal. RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment