Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Let's talk skin care

WORKOUT:
4 mile run
12 min elliptical
60 min pump class

I have been hanging out with my Mamasita sewing and such. I spent the night up here last night and LOVE that they have a gym literally 1 1/2 blocks from their house. F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. I got to try it out this morning and it is BEAUTIFUL. Nicer then the gym by my house. There might be a lot more Mommy and Me slumber parties in the future.

I loved the pump class that I went to this morning. Every teacher has their own style for how they work through a class and variety is always nice. It was fun to mix it up. My favorite part was that we got to do lots of Clean and Presses. Way fun.

Quick pre-workout snack. Meet the "Egg Dog."

How can you TOO have such a delish snack? 
Wrap an egg in some lettuce. Done.
(YOU could throw some mustard on that, but you know I can't have such fancy things right now.)

Sometimes I am a little more creative than others. ;)
__________________________________

I am RELIGIOUS about skin care. That is not an area where I mess around. Nor should you!

I NEVER go to bed without washing my face and moisturizing and ALWAYS wear moisturizer with sunscreen. If I don't wash and moisturizer every night I SWEAR to you there is a huge difference.

I am sure there are plenty of people that think I am high maintenance for shelling out $$$ for good skin care products and the like. Let's face it though. It's ALL about prevention. Tomorrow is too late to prevent the damage your skin will get today. In 20 years a whole bunch of neglected days like that will sure make a difference. If I am going to invest the time in eating all my fruits and veggies and exercising to have a healthy heart... I don't want to end up looking like a prune while I live forever.

Maybe I am paranoid but I am not taking any chances. Not just because I am super fair but because I want to prevent any teensy lines from coming up as long as possible.

I think spending some moo-la now is a lot cheaper than getting a face lift later. And a lot more flattering too. ;)
Currently I use Lancome's Primordiale Day and Night cream.
It has been about 6 years that I have been using them and I have been really happy with them. I am in the market of re-evaluating what I am using though. I am looking into new products and seeing if there is something I can find that I may like better. I am a creature of habit... I mean 6 years right? I think it is time to branch out.

So I have been picking some brains to see what is out there that people love! Since we are BFF's, I have to ask you too!

From the handful of people I have asked so far I have about these two...


Kiehl's Abyssine Lotion with SPF 15.
Abyssine is made from red algae and it protects against damage and diminishes the effects of aging.
I got some samples of this and have been trying it. So far so good. Don't know if I love it more than my Lancome though.
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and Primer.
Those are two different things that used together are apparently amazing. I am told I will have a healthy glow and the SPF 20 will take care of the protection. It also sounds like an easy breezy summer fix for make-up when you are being more active and running out the door. I need to hunt down some samples for this.
__________________________________
What is your experience with good quality face products? Have any recommendations?
Please share! 

Do you feel guilty spending $$$ on skincare etc around your husband/bf?
I have learned that it is better to buy it when he isn't around. Ben is okay with it, it is just a little painful for him to see the dollar signs in person. I just remind him though... hey, I did this BEFORE we got married and that is part of why you fell in love with me. ;) Ha. 
Plus, I just remind him that I won't need that face lift later. If it never gets broke, he won't have to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive