Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Asian Shrimp Soup

WORKOUT:
50 min weights - back/chest/shoulders
15 min rolling quads

I am CRAVING cardio! Running, elliptical, spinning, kick-boxing, step, swimming... anything! I am so ready to get back to that. I will take whatever form I can get! 

I was day dreaming of all the fun cardio classes I am going to mix it up with when I get better. I have been totally in the mood to do leg work too. Squats, lunges... all that good stuff. But of course, that is off limits as of right now.

I would be nice to actually sweat a little. I will just have to look on the BRIGHT side, that since I didn't get sweaty, I don't need to wash my hair today.

I know I probably COULD manage with some light elliptical or swimming, but I don't trust myself. I know once I got going I would probably do way MORE and at a stronger intensity than I should for my quads to finish healing.

I just have to stay away, reminding myself that it is only another couple days in the long run. Better to be fully healed up and ready to go than to start back in too soon.

Blah... hurry on up legs!!!

_________________________________

I tried a new recipe last night for din din. I snagged the recipe from here and make a couple changes.

ASIAN SHRIMP SOUP

1 Cup Cooked Spaghetti, cut into 1 inch sections
3 Cups Water
3 tsp Beef Boullion
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Corn
1 tsp Cornstarch
1-1/2 tsp Teriyaki Sauce *
*(I made my own so it wouldn't have soy, with some mirin, rice vinegar, molasses and salt.)
1 Cup Romaine, sliced thin
6 oz Precooked Shrimp
2 TB Green Onions

-Boil water, boullin, salt, shrimp and corn.
-Once boiling, combine cornstarch with teriyaki sauce and a little water and stir into soup. Cook until slightly thickened.
-Add pasta, lettuce, green onion and let everything get heated.
-Eat!

This makes 4 servings and check out these stats.

1 Cup has about 110 calories, 1 gram of fat and 12 grams of protein!
I broiled some garlic bread to go along with it for some crunch.

I didn't want the extra calories of the olive oil last night, so I just put on lots of garlic and italian seasoning and toasted it like that. Turned out great! Not a bad idea to cut down on the calories.

_______________________________________

I am feeling a little scatter brained and a smidge of stress. This being my last week of work combined with a large "to-do" list, makes work pretty busy. This weekend flew by and I didn't feel like I had everything ready to go before Monday was here already. With Ben's family in town and visiting mine for Easter I felt like I let a few things slide. Which is good, cause time with family is more important. I just need to do some catching up.


Since when does my Mom give me bunny ears?

Despite all the things I SHOULD be doing, I really just want to catch up on all of your blogs! I think that is where the smidge of stress comes in. From what I NEED to do and what I WANT to do. ;)
___________________________________

If you are anything like me and need a little catch up from the weekend, here are some posts to fill you in!

___________________________________

As I am writing this... it totally just started snowing. Little bit crazy sauce? Yes. But I am enjoying it in a totally weird way. Probably because I am in my cozy house wrapped up in a blanket watching it. When I have to leave the house, THAT will be another story.

___________________________________

Check out the cute twins over at Pure2Raw for their cute giveaway!
They make the healthiest treats!
____________________________________

What do you do to get ready for a new week?
I usually prep food for the upcoming week, catch up on my blogging, get lots of sleep and clean my house.
Yes or No to bunny ears in photos?
My Mom is such a stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive