Thursday, April 7, 2011

Man of My Dreams

WORKOUT:
50 min weights
45 min spin class
25 min elliptical
15 min STRETCHING

Yesterday I came home to the man of my dreams, my HUSBAND!


He was little Mr. Productive yesterday. He ran a million errands and got a TON done. Oh... that makes me so happy. 


I should mention, part of our possible vacation excursion may take place in Orlando. If you have any good tips for down there... pass them our way! PLEASE!

That said, Ben was really excited to show me this book he found. 
Yup, "Fun with the Family in Florida." How adorable is that?! I had this image of our future family squished in a van driving around the country on a family vacation while Ben points out all the attractions. So cute.

One of his many errands was for groceries. I batted my eyes lots and tried to get him to bring me home some fresh berries but I guess they didn't have any. Tear. So INSTEAD, he brought me back MANGOES! 
If I had to pick between mangoes and fresh blueberries I don't know what I would do. 2 years ago after work I would eat a mango EVERY SINGLE DAY. I would buy them by the case at Costco. Apparently Ben didn't think that was the best habit for our grocery budget, so that had to stop. I am SOOO looking forward to eating these, though I just don't know if I can wait till they are perfectly ripe.

He also made homemade bread. That is the best smell to come home to. He is the designated bread man in our house. He works that bread maker like it ain't no thang. Really though, his loaves always turn out BETTER than mine. Always perfect! 
Did I mention he even grinds the whole wheat flour himself before he makes it?! He is so health conscious. ;) 
Then he cooked up some meat for our dinner in the immaculate kitchen he cleaned and was even sweeping around my feet while he was doing it!

Dinner was a Mexican Bowl. Chopped collard greens with tomato, pinto beans, cilantro, celery, and lean ground beef. I topped it with lemon juice, cumin and fresh ground pepper.
Ben's approach to use the beef was CREATIVE. Pasta with alfredo sauce. That boy could eat pasta everyday. 
The husband scored some major points today. I think he ended up doing the dishes a total of 3 times. Don't worry, I was a good wife and went to work ALL day.

I am NOT a mystery woman. The key to my heart is a clean house. Making food and doing laundry is like icing on the cake. 

Is he trying to butter me up for something?
 __________________________________

Tomorrow I will be posting my yummy granola recipe! I made some last night and now there are just crumbs in the bowl. Ben looked guilty.
______________________________________________

Check out Julia's fun giveaway today! Treats AND fun stuff!
______________________________________________

What does your spouse do that makes your day!? Tell us so we can all be a little jealous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive