Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

WORKOUT:
8 mile run
45 min weights - shoulders/chest/back
5 min abs
15 min STRETCHING (And lots more STICK time later today.)

How did my knee feel after my run? A++


My extra rest day yesterday and lots of time icing and hanging out with THE STICK, helped a lot. Rolling that baby over my quad muscle, I could FEEL it working. Ouch!
If you haven't been introduced to a Stick, they are amazing. I love to foam roll, but sometimes it is hard to get just the right angle on a muscle and I end up contorting my body into a pretzel on the floor trying to get the right spot. So this is great for that. We have more quality time scheduled together later today.
________________________________________

What we REALLY need to talk about though, is waking up to this, AGAIN! 

Dear Month of April,

Please shape up your act. It is supposed to be spring time and lovely outside. If you aren't in the mood for that then thats okay, I get it. But can we stop this snow act? I would rather not finish my marathon next weekend looking like the Abominable Snowman, mmmkay? 

Thanks!

Holley

PS> This weather is making my hair really frizzy and that is hard on me. 
(Slightly worried face)
_________________________________________
We hit up Rubio's last night for some grub. 

Ben rolled with the Mesquite Shrimp Burrito and felt pretty good about it.
I got the Fish Especial Tacos with lots of pico de gallo. I love that stuff. I ended up scrapping the tortillas and just eating all the insides. I really just wanted those chips with all the beans and salsa. You can't go wrong with that.
Then we hung out in Barnes & Noble for a while and enjoyed a favorite activity. Looking at books and magazines for free. 
I spent time researching our future dog. Still not sure how I feel about the BIG vs SMALL debate. I want one that can run with me but not something that will be too big for being inside. You can see which dogs I am voting for. Of course, I have NEVER had a dog and I am scared I may be getting in over my head. 

We saw "The King's Speech" after we had come to no conclusion on a dog breed. They re-released it in PG-13, thank you! We enjoyed it, well done. A nice change of pace from all the comic books and aliens that are taking over the movie world. 
Ben doesn't mess around with movie treats. He NEVER sees a movie without any. This guy brings a selection too. Usually my purse is full of about 5 different kinds of candy and a "fun drink" for him. This was a meager spread for him. 

I ended the night by doing this some more. I wasn't taking ANY chances. I babied that leg ALL DAY LONG. Turns out that was a pretty good idea.

__________________________________________

Blogging is totally ADDICTING! You guys are taking over my life! AH! Who am I kidding though, I am not even trying to hold myself back. It's way to much fun. ;)

I love your comments and am so glad you like seeing the recipes! If you try something I would love to hear about it and how you liked it!

PS. I want to eat my MANGOES right NOW!!! I blew it and accidentally put them in the fridge. They are nowhere near ripe. Tear.
____________________________________________

Do you have a Pit Bull or English Bulldog? Tell me why I should chose the one over the other! I know NOTHING about dogs!

What is your favorite movie candy?!
(I brought an apple for myself but totally ended up stealing half of Ben's Sour Patch Kids.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive