Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pick Me!

WORKOUT:
45 Spin class
55 min weights - back/chest/shoulders
20 rolling

I'm crossing my fingers, legs, arms and holding my breath!


Por que? I entered the St. George Marathon lottery! I know it seems silly to have to enter a lottery for someone to LET you run 26.2 miles, but just go with me on this. St. George promises to be one of the prettiest and fastest marathons in the area. I wasn't totally convinced about the whole thing, thinking it was probably hyped up more than it was worth. So I checked out the website and watched their little video. It does look SUPER pretty! I kinda fell in love with the scenery, so I signed up.

Now I just wait to see if I get in! Sweet Julia entered as well, so hopefully we will both get in!
_________________________________

On another note...

Skinny Runner, Skinny Runner... why do you taunt me with your BEACH RUNS?!?
Because she does. And they look heavenly. Check her out the other morning. Maybe if I ran in the beautiful sunshine everyday by the beach I would be as beautifully bronze as her.
Maybe... but I would probably just burn up.
__________________________________

Here is the "fancy meal" Ben whipped up after watching Chopped with me yesterday.

My plate...


His plate.


I think he definitely got the fancier plate.

We're calling it, egg souffle with black bean and tomato relish.
_____________________________

Yesterday's lunch salad was spinach, water chestnuts, carrots, olives, eggs, sun dried tomatoes and lots of chicken hiding beneath it all.
___________________________________

My brother is a pretty amazing trombonist. He is performing in the play Sunset Boulevard right now. He invited us to come see their last dress rehearsal before they open this weekend.
We love going to shows and neither of us had seen this one before, double score!


This is a sneaky audience pic.
Thanks bro!
___________________________________

Oh, and I made a couple purchases too. How could I forget? ;)


You can never have enough comfy t-shirts for summer, and I am in desperate need of some good summer shirts.

Back view of this skirt.
I am totally picturing myself wearing this while we walk all over D.C. Perfect breezy vacation skirt right? It is a super light gray, though it looks khaki in this photo. I am not a super cutesy person, so still need to try this on with some of my stuff to make sure that bow isn't too much for me. It hasn't passed the final test yet. Still deciding...
______________________________________

Did you enter the St. George lottery? 
Have you ever entered a race lottery before? Did you get in?!?

This is my first time, but I am hoping for beginners luck. :)

Have you participated in a race that was over hyped?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive