Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What I Worked Wednesday

WORKOUT:
4.1 mile run
45 min spin class
20 min abs
10 min legs
15 min STRETCHING! :)

I am channeling my inner Lindsay, at Cotter Crunch, for What I Worked Wednesday! (WIWW) I thought it would be good to target one area on Wednesdays and making it really count. Today that area would be, LEGS.

Spin ROCKED this morning. We did drills the whole time and it was GREAT leg work. After class I added in 100 lunges all around the gym, 100 squats with light weights and a couple squat hold isolations. My legs were feeling sufficiently worked after that.

I haven't been using heavy weights for leg work since my mileage started adding up in my training schedule. When I am running 15+ miles on Saturdays, I don't like to put too much more stress on my legs during the week. I thought I would focus on them a little today though as my mileage is easy peasy right now.
And don't you worry, I am still doing my stretching!
_______________________________________

So I am checking out my marathon countdown over on the left toolbar and it is getting me really excited! It is coming right up! When it gets close like this I just want to RUN IT NOW! No taper, let's just go! 

_______________________________________

Dinner last night was more like breakfast.
1 egg and 3 egg whites with cinnamon and drizzled with maple syrup. That might sound totally weird, but just think french toast without the toast. Then berries with sliced banana on the side and oh... how did that PB Protein Ball sneak in there? 

(I am LOVING that REAL maple syrup I got from Costco. It was worth the wait.)
__________________________________________

Halfway through the day yesterday I noticed that I kept adjusting my sleeves because they felt snugger than I remember them being. "That's weird," I thought. "Are my clothes shrinking?" Nope, everything else feels normal. Then I realized it was these guys. These guns..... maybe I need to lay off working the biceps a little bit. I mean, you always want to push yourself but maybe busting out of my sleeves means I am good in that area.

Totally kidding, this picture should say, "Objects appear larger than actual size."

It did get me thinking though. How much is TOO much?

Let's check out a few celebs.

YOU VOTE! Buff? or TOO buff?

Gwen has a hard time doing anything wrong in my eyes. Check out that family? Um... hello?!

I am gonna vote, she is just BUFF.

Demi over here, this picture was back in her G.I. Jane days. That shaved head isn't helping her case, but I am going to have to go with TOO BUFF. Maybe it would be okay if you had hair Demi.

If I was ever cool enough to need a bodyguard, I think I would just hire Madonna. Nuff said? 
I vote: TOO BUFF.

Lastly we have Cam Cam's arms. She has always been a toned mama, but has she pumped up too much? 

Here she is before... 
 And here she is after.
She isn't even flexing!
I am gonna vote, stop now, borderline TOO BUFF. She is always so lean and mean, I DO totally admire that though.

And again, I am just teasing about being really buff. I don't want to look like a man.
____________________________________________

What do you think? What do you vote!?! Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive