Friday, April 29, 2011

Flowers & Freedom!

WORKOUT:
4.4 mile run
30 min weights - biceps/triceps
15 min abs

My quads feel like they may be back in action. That is good news after all the beatings they have taken from  The Stick this week. So I am starting to ease back into my running routine. Yay!

With all the weight training I have been doing my hands have built up some serious callouses.

I even wear lifting gloves, so I guess I would TOTALLY have man hands if was wasn't wearing these.
_______________________________

Breakfast this morning was a protein shake and oatmeal.
In my oatmeal I tossed  in some agave, toasted almonds, cinnamon and vanilla.


I was too lazy to get off the couch last night and yelled to Ben in the other room, asking him if he would make me dinner.

Bada-BING bada-BOOM, dinner was served!
He was fast too! 

We had spicy chicken and shrimp tacos. They hit the spot and I could TASTE the love.

Things always taste better when you didn't have to make it. Don't you agree?
I guess that is why we all love eating out so much. No dishes!

After dinner we grabbed a Red Box flick and curled up on the couch.

Ben had a monstrous bowl of strawberry ice cream with chocolate sauce, and I chomped on these. 


We watch Country Strong. My expectations were weak having saved it for the Red Box. I really just wanted to see if Gwyneth could sing. But really... it didn't even live up to my LOW expectations. I tried to distract myself by staring at Gwyneth's legs or Leighton Meester's overly bouncy hair... but it was rough. Did you see it? Did you like it?

That Boo dude... why did they have to wait till the END of the movie to clean up that nasty facial hair? He just looked so greasy the whole time. He wasn't cute enough for either of those girls!
Of course, I noticed everyone's hair... I know.
 ______________________________________

Please listen to to this song while you continue reading. It will make it even better. :)



I just got off work... for the LAST TIME!


It was a fabulous day of only working 3.5 hours, getting flowers and leaving all my cares behind!


 Really it doesn't feel real. AT ALL. I think it will really hit me when I wake up Monday morning and realize I could stay in my pajamas ALL day.


I am off to spend time with the fam and bake up a cake for Ben! We are doing a little celebrating for me and for his Navy job. We never sufficiently celebrated for him. His hire was a LONG process so there wasn't like an exact date where we threw confetti around or anything.
_____________________________________
What is something great that happened to YOU today?!
I promise after this weekend I will not talk about the job thing anymore. Thank you for not being TOTALLY annoyed with my countdown. I guess you can see how big of a deal it is ... and how long the last 3 1/2 years have been.
Have you done a race recently or have one this weekend???
Send me a pic of YOU at YOUR race, I would love to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive