Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fancy Tin Foil Dinner

Dinner last night was a bit of a creation. 

Hmm... what sounds good? 

Ground turkey... yams... something baked and warm...

FANCY TIN FOIL DINNER
I have learned that with Ben, it is all about presentation. When he skeptically asks, "What is this?" I need to have a name for it. When he realizes I am cooking by the seat of my pants, or more by the whims of my growling stomach, he gets nervous about what I start throwing in the pan/pot.

I had to think fast, "Oh, it's Fancy Tin Foil Dinner!" Who doesn't like a tin foil dinner?

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb cooked ground turkey
1 1/2 cups diced yam
1 cup diced sweet potato
1 1/2 cup diced potato
1 cup diced onion
2 cans diced tomatoes
4 big leaves chopped kale (middle stems removed)

SAUCE:
1 small can tomato sauce
2 TB apple cider vinegar
2 tsp fresh garlic
1 TB molasses
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp parsley
salt & pepper

*Combine all the meat and veggies in your dish. Pour the sauce over the top and mix it all together. Bake at 450 degrees for about 50 mins or until veggies are nice and soft.
We both had seconds. Mmm!
____________________________________

I will be watching THIS for the rest of the day, probably in my pajamas. :)

 I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive