Tuesday, April 12, 2011

G is for Garmin

WORKOUT:
3.3 mile run
30 min weights
20 min stretching

Let's talk AWESOME SAUCE! This girl has a Garmin in the mail. IN THE MAIL I said!!!

I have day dreamed for a long time about blissfully walking out the door, no real thought as of where I would run, just to meander and explore random neighborhoods as they looked appealing to me. 

"Oh! See that pretty tree over there? I am gonna go check it out."

"Wow, feeling extra energy today. I am gonna tack on some extra miles!"

Well, this dream has just become a reality. Thank you girlies, Janae, Ashley, Katie and everyone else for all inspiring me to take the plunge! I had asked about using an IPHONE app vs a Garmin to track miles and they set me straight. I HAD been waiting for the IPHONE 5 to come out. We are planning on upgrading our phones when it does and I planned to just use the running apps on there. I wasn't sure how that compared to a Garmin though. Some reviews I read were raving and others were totally not happy with it.

Sometimes I am just too frugal for my own good. This girl needed a Garmin
I think my list was pretty convincing.
This man is GOOD.TO.ME.
Now I just have to WAIT for it to arrive in the mail! I won't have it in time for SLC this weekend, but I am not going to complain. Probably better since I am not used to running with it yet and it might serve as more of a distraction right now. But come June for the Utah Valley Marathon , I will be a pro!
___________________________________

Ben whipped us up some dinner last night. 
Grabbed some chicken breasts and put them in a 9x9 dish, threw in some spaghetti sauce, a can of diced tomatoes, fresh garlic, s&p, and tossed that baby in the oven.

I had mine on lettuce with a little pasta on the side. I also sprinkled some fresh parsley and nutritional yeast on top. Quick and easy!
 _______________________________________

Thanks for the feedback on the POOCHES. I feel more reassured about the possibility of a Pit Bull.

Do you run with a pooch? Are they good running buddies? Do they run in circles around you until you are tied up in a knot? Do you have to take breaks a lot for them? Do you feel like you could run alone with a big doggie in the wee morning hours and be safe? 

Send me a picture of you and your pooch or even better running with your pooch! (If it is a running pic, I just might have to post it.) I would love to see them! Ben is a little worried I might RUN one into the ground. Literally. But I think he would rather it was the poor dog than him.
I might be a better dog "EXERCISER" than a dog owner.
_______________________________________
Send me a picture of you and your dog running!

Don't forget to tell me your favorite celebrity arms, I am compiling for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive