Monday, April 11, 2011

Taper Thoughts & Oil Free Oatmeal Cookies

WORKOUT:
5 mile run
30 min weights - chest/biceps
30 min abs class
15 min STRETCHING

My IT band is still feeling good. As long as I keep using The Stick and stretching lots I will be fine. Not worried about it. :)

This week is NO FUN! Why? Because now it is time to taper for REAL. I have a hard time saying NO to myself. After Wednesday, NO running, NO spinning, NO leg exercises, and don't even think about looking at that elliptical. Not to mention the sparse miles I get to run tomorrow and Wednesday.

I can keep doing weight work on my upper body, but where am I going to get my cardio while giving my legs a break? This is not the time to start swimming again or go to kickboxing etc. This is when I have to remind myself EVERYDAY that I worked hard and I need to take a break. Still REALLY hard for me. I am crazy. I am lame. I know... I hear it all the time.
Does anyone else have a hard time with this!?! I LOVE marathons, but tapering and taking it easy afterwards is the tough part. Give me some more hard training, I would TOTALLY rather do that. 

And maybe I am a total retard/paranoid freak but I notice a difference in my body when I take extra days off. Besides the fact that I truly ENJOY working out 6 days a week, I like feeling TONED and the MENTAL BENEFIT I get everyday. 

Plus, when I workout I eat better. I make better choices, eat on more of a schedule with less snacking and get more protein in that day. Days off I tend to eat a little TOO MUCH.

If you ever feel like this, PLEASE share so that Ben won't think I am so wacky!

"Holley!!! That was like WAY too much information!" I know, I'm sorry. DONE!
__________________________________

Recent eats included... yummy Swai fish with Salad (Spinach & Arugula with apples, craisins, walnuts and Anne's Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette).

And some Oil Free Oatmeal Cookies. I adapted this recipe for my own evil purposes.

OIL FREE OATMEAL COOKIES

1 C. Whole Wheat Flour
2 1/2 C. Old Fashioned Oats (I added more because I felt it was too moist.)
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 TB Cinnamon (And then some, that is why my cookies look darker. I LOVE cinnamon.)
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg

1/2 C. Honey
1/2 C. Applesauce
1 TB Molasses
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla

1/2 C. Raisin/Craisins (I did a little of both.)
Optional: 1/2 C. Walnuts (I left these out.)

Go here to check out the mixing and baking info. I didn't change that part. 

***Important Note: Since these have no oil in them, make sure you give your baking sheets a quick spray before you put your cookies on, so they won't stick.***

Next time I make these I will cut down the honey a little. The applesauce gives it some added sweetness, so I don't think it needs that much. But if you haven't, "LOST YOUR TASTEBUDS" like Ben likes to tell me, then you will probably think it is just right the way it is. :)

I made them for some friends that came over and everybody loved them! We snacked on them with sliced apples and Ben said both together was like eating apple pie, which gave me a pretty GREAT idea. I will probably be whipping that up soon. :)
_________________________________________

Do you change recipes all the time like me?! 

Do you HATE taking days off? Or do you LOVE it!?!

(PS. I do
NOT judge. I am very aware that I am a crazy woman. Ben reminds me all the time.)

(PPS. I don't have an eating/workout disorder. These are just thoughts that bounce around in my head. I am just keeping it real.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive