Friday, April 22, 2011

Pilates & Pickles

WORKOUT:
Pilates Class
30 min weights - biceps/triceps

Ben's parents are in town this weekend for his brothers graduation so I took work off today. Woo Hoo! Which means I got to mix it up and catch a Pilates class today. I used to catch a class every week. Today got me thinking of how I want to get back into that habit.

I really enjoy doing some solid core work. 
Sometimes I need a class to keep me motivated the whole time though.
_______________________________

I have 5 days of work left! AH! Hollar!

I hope counting down isn't obnoxious. I have been counting down for 3 1/2 years, so you will have to forgive my enthusiasm.

Plus... who doesn't love quitting a job!?!  I mean, even if you had a great experience, there are always things that feel good to walk away from. Certain things that might drive you nuts you can just think, "That is not my problem-o anymore." THAT, is the best feeling ever.

Yesterday was a day like that. Drama-rama in the work place. It felt REAL good to come home and think, "5 more days and none of this matters anymore." :)
___________________________

Recent  eats...
 Berry protein shake.
 Tuna Salad with brown rice, black beans, celery, tomato, pickles, pepper and pickle juice.
I used the pickle juice as a dressing. Growing up my mom would always put the juice in tuna when she made it, so to me that isn't weird to use, but maybe it IS weird... ???
 Guiltless Granola with banana and PB.
Eggs with maple syrup, strawberries and homemade protein bar. 

PS- I DO NOT post everything I eat. Like this last photo... You better believe I ended up eating 3 more of those little protein things. Ben can attest, I eat PLENTY of food. I am a real person. I might eat a lot of salad, but it's a HUGE salad. ;)
______________________________________


We are excited to have family in town this weekend AND Easter is coming! 
Maybe I'm still 5, but I think it's fun to color eggs and I wish we had some little kiddies around to do an Easter Egg hunt. 

It's been a funny tradition to make a Bunny Cake for Easter the past few years.
 Not sure what I am going to create yet for this year. Hmm... any good ideas?
_______________________________
What are your Easter Traditions? 

Does your family make anything special for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive