Monday, April 25, 2011

Do an Easter Dance!

WORKOUT:
35 min weights - biceps/triceps
30 min abs
40 min rolling with The Stick

I have only run one time since the marathon. I HAD to test out my Garmin at least once... you can't blame me for that. But my quads have a slight pinching feeling in them. They took a bit of a beating during the race and they just haven't felt back to their old selves yet. I am struggling to remind myself EVERY DAY that I need to wait until they are fully healed before I start training for the Utah Valley Marathon.

There has been lots of icing the past week and now I am really going to focus on rolling my quads a lot with The Stick. Hopefully that works out any last kinks. I am crossing my fingers!

_____________________________________

It's Easter, wear pink!
After church we came home and I whipped up a GIANT salad to take over to my parents house.
Butter leaf lettuce, apple, garbanzo beans, strawberries, celery, shredded carrots, toasted almonds, green onions and parsley. 

My mama always makes TONS of food. She always cooked for such a big family, I think she is just on autopilot now. The table settings were fancy and fun... and there was MORE food not pictured that wouldn't fit on the table. 
I piled my plate high with salad and veggies.
 Bunny cake didn't happen this year because my baby bro was the dessert man and whipped up a mean German Chocolate Cake. When I was little I would sneak extra frosting off other pieces, all that cake just got in the way. This was one of the times I am not sad to be dairy free, it keeps me far away from things like this. Though... I did do my part consuming jelly beans.
Ben said it was good with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top!

Did the Easter Bunny come to YOUR house this year?

________________________________

Okay guys, I need your help being strong and not running until these leggies are back in full swing. It is so hard when the early morning beautifulness is calling out my name! I love running in the WEE hours of the morning.

Give me some good reasons to remind myself I shouldn't run so that I can repeat them to myself 20 times a day until I am better. Yeah? Okay!

________________________________

Would you rather eat a baked good, like one of those big slices of chocolate cake? 
Or would you rather go for the candy dish?
I am a baked good girl, ALL the way. Though when in a pinch, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Do you know something magical I should be doing to help my quads get back in gear faster? Please tell me!
Besides giving them a break, icing and rolling them out... fill me in if I am missing anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive