Saturday, April 30, 2011

More Indian Please

WORKOUT:
5 mile run
40 mins of spin class                                                                                                                                  
50 min of pilates class

Woke up to snow this morning and 30 degree weather. Are you SURE May is tomorrow? 

I HATE being cold. So I grabbed everything that looked warm and put it ALL on.


Annnnndddddd... I look like a man. I hope you enjoyed that photo. 

My gym junkie days are coming back. I can FEEL it. :) I have no shame in going to class after class. I could spend my entire Saturday morning/afternoon going from class to class and be completely happy. I should just pack a lunch. It would be perfect.

In spin today I had to grab a bike from the cardio cinema room and wheel it into spin cause there weren't any bikes left. Janae said I could! Ha, I hate making a scene, but I was totally looking forward to going to her class today and didn't want to miss it! Luckily a SUPER nice girl hopped off her bike and held the door for me while I muscled it into the dark room. Have you ever tried to move one of those bikes? In the dark!?! That could have ended very ugly.

I love leg work in pilates. It ALWAYS burns, no matter how many times you do it. There was a girl behind me in class who was keeping me pretty entertained. She had been making comments throughout class and she was being pretty vocal about her suffering buns. During the leg section the teacher asked "Is anyone feeling this!?!" And the girl behind me said, "ME! ..... Arrrrgghhh...." it was like a plea for help and then it sounded like she melted into the floor. Really I wish you could have heard her voice, it was hilarious.
____________________________________

Last night we celebrated with Indian food, Mmm! It's been too long.

I loved the mint and plum sauce that went along with the appetizers. Really refreshing and flavorful.
Ben and I shared Lamb Curry and Vindaloo. They were delightfully spicy.

I usually call ahead and check menus online before I go out to eat so I have a game plan and can plan accordingly for my dietary restrictions. I didn't this time since I knew that there would be several things on the menu I could have and that I just needed to ask the waiter which ones they were. I didn't bank on not being able to UNDERSTAND what our server was saying through his thick accent. Apparently he thought I was asking for butter to be added INTO my dish and assured me that would be no problem. Ha. After I sufficiently made a scene asking a million questions, we got that all cleared up. Phew! 


I am a nightmare, I know. But it was totally worth it. So good!



 They we played some games and had Chocolate Cake with Raspberry filling.

It was super MOIST and delicious.

I used a family recipe for the chocolate cake and tweaked it to make it healthier. I subbed 1/2 the oil for applesauce and cut down the sugar. I couldn't even notice the difference, JUST as good! I am going to experiment with it a little more and see if I can cut out all the oil completely. Then we would have a real WINNER on our hands.


 I need to get that cake OUT of my fridge before I eat even more.
Danger.
______________________________________

Do you like to play games?
Maybe Ben and I are TOTALLY nerdy but we love playing games! I feel a little geeky admitting this but I am hoping I am not the only one out there.
Should Ben and I just eat the rest of the cake and gain 5 pounds each? 

Or should I give it away quick while I am still strong enough to do it!?!
I can hear it calling my name from the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive