Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cake is NOT a food group

I just got the last of it out of the house. Now whether that happened because Ben ate it all or I gave it away, I am not going to turn anyone in.


I need to figure out a SMALL cake recipe. Like just enough to make in a LITTLE bread loaf pan. Not the normal size ones, but the smaller ones. That would be just the right size. Piece for me, piece for Ben and GONE! Ben would probably say that was just enough for him and ask me where my piece was though. I will have to work on that.

_______________________________________

Yesterday I had lunch with my fabulous friend Laura! We chatted and chatted while we munched on our giant salads.
Not only is Laura the cutest AND sweetest person ever... she is also a model. Like a real one. 
Sorry Laura, I have to embarrass you just a TEENSY bit. :)
Heather Bliss Photography
I KNOW right? Thanks for being so cool AND still being my friend girl. ;)

Sometimes I feel like I have to make an excuse to get together with friends and go to lunch. That is so silly though! Girl time is the best and will be happening MUCH more often.
_____________________________

I went grocery shopping and seriously filled up the ENTIRE car. Truck was full of regular grocery store items and then the back seat was full of Costco. We had some serious pantry stocking to do. I am almost embarrassed at the amount of produce I bought. This picture isn't the half of it. But here are a few things I am particularly looking forward to eating.


Bananas, MANGOES, strawberries, pears, dates, broccoli slaw, agave and tomatoes.

Making dinner is so fun when your kitchen is stocked. 

Roasted Blackened Broccoli and Shrimp Quinoa Salad.


If you broil broccoli with black pepper, olive oil and LOTS of garlic, it gives it almost a popcorn flavor. If you like broccoli you will LOVE it. And even if you don't, Ben said for broccoli it was pretty darn good.

Shrimp Quinoa Salad had cilantro, tomato, corn, collard greens, lemon juice and pepper in it. It was really fresh and delightful.
____________________________________

I know I am totally behind the boat about this whole Royal Wedding thing. No, I didn't see it, but I intend to catch some highlights via internet. I have seen the pictures though and love Kate's effortless style. You know this has been being planned forever but she just look at all over done. The hair, make-up, dresses... just flawless.

Which dress was your favorite? The wedding dress or reception dress?


I LOVE the wedding dress. It is timeless and SO classy. Not to mention it makes her waist look like a Barbie doll.
_____________________________________

It's May Day! 
Did you get/give anyone flowers???
I totally forgot until someone told me today. Sad that it is kind of a forgotten holiday. Who doesn't love getting flowers though? There should be a Diamond Day too. I think I will have to start that.

How often do you meet up to go out with your friends?!
Weekly? Monthly? Not enough like me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive