Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mental Strength

WORKOUT:
45 min weights
Rolling and Icing

Yeah... icing. I feel like such a grandma lately! I think I have a teensy bit of achilles tendinitis. Perfect right? During the last couple of miles on my run yesterday my tendon decided it wasn't enjoying it. It was a little sore feeling later in the day and then today it feels icky when I walk around. Like my tendon is a cotton thread that kind of rubs on my ankle. Gross right? Ugh... I hate that kind of feelings. I totally just grossed myself out just describing that.

So... google says that is probably achilles tendonitis. Time to rest from running again until it feels back in action. Boo...

Has anyone else dealt with this? How long do I need to rest for???
____________________________________

We have reached 100 followers! I am so excited!

This is me VIRTUALLY hugging you. ;)


I ran right to the store and gathered up all the goodies for the giveaway! I will be posting it soon so keep an eye out!

Again, thanks so much for all your support!
_____________________________________

I am working through Kara Goucher's book at the bookstore. Sometimes I sneakily read things like that since we are poor. Chapter one, check!

I really liked this quote...


"Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like the muscles of the body."
-Lynn Jennings, three-time World Cross Country Champion

Amen to that.

So true, and I love that you can apply that to just about anything. There is the OBVIOUS correlation with running but how about all the other things we do that require mental focus and determination? 

Like huffing it away on an elliptical for an hour? I think THAT takes some mental muscle. Or convincing yourself that a apple will be just as tasty of a treat as that leftover cake sitting on the counter. What about getting up early to hit the gym when you bed is so warm and cozy? Or even HARDER, getting yourself there after work???

I could think of about a million things that this could relate to in multiple areas of life. 

It's kind of funny to picture your brain like a flabby muscle. Don't be flabby! WORK IT!
______________________________________

How strong is YOUR mental muscle?
I think I am pretty mentally strong considering I decided to polish off this, instead of going to town on coconut ice cream with chocolate sauce. Right? 


What tasks do you consciously have to FOCUS on and push through to complete them?
Does not going to bed at 7:30 count? I am going to PUSH through till 9 tonight. ;)


If you are a tendinitis expert... PLEASE tell me what to do!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive