Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kansas Wrap-up

I ventured outside to snap a quick photo while the wind wasn't trying to blow me away. Good thing I was fast because it didn't last long.


I wish I hadn't been nursing my Achilles tendon during this trip because the neighborhoods around Kansas State University would have been really fun to explore on some morning runs! There are so many cute little houses with personality! I am a sucker for a house with charm.

We had some amazing dance battles with Dance Central on the Kinect. No photos to show though because I am sure whoever it was of would have KILLED m for putting them on here. That game is so funny, you think you look just like the characters on the screen... but oh NO.
So instead here is our Rummi Cube game. It was equally intense.


Can I just say that my little nephew is so funny??? He apparently LOVES having things on his face. He started with 1 pair of sunglasses and then wanted to wear his dad's as well and wasn't happy until he got to have them both on. Fast forward to falling asleep in the car. They said he would wake up and see that 1 pair had slid down his face and cry a little till someone helped him get them back on too. Poor kid is going blind.


Growing up in the Army, Ben's family used to live on base just next to where we were. They strolled down memory lane and showed me all the hot spots. Isn't it so funny what you love seeing from your childhood? 


The CRAZY amount of leftovers didn't go to waste. I think they really got their money's worth out of that meal! Deal!


I made a salmon salad with tomatoes, cilantro, white beans and olives. I smashed up some avocado mixed with lemon juice for dressing. Um... that dressing combo...was AMAZING. You NEED to get on that.


On the trip home they forwent Wendy's this time but there was some Asian invasion...


And some magical blue juice.


I packed up a tuna mixture with garbanzo beans, olives, cilantro, and a few other things with some apple cider vinegar to top it off.


I also took care of these sugar peas, carrots and hummus. I am in LOVE with sugar peas right now. Good thing I planted some in the garden.


We got on the road much earlier than on the trip out, which was so nice not to be driving so late. We were all pretty tired when we got back but it was a great weekend!


Thanks family for the good times and your wonderful hospitality! Especially Christine who let me pilage through her cupboards making all my crazy meals. We will see you guys again, VERY soon!

_____________________________________

And let me just CLARIFY! I got lots of comments on the post where the fam went out for ice cream. You all seem to think I have AMAZING self control and never crave sweets or eat anything unhealthy. Instead I just eat a carrot and get the same satisfaction. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I would have been all over that ice cream and made sure I tasted at least 5 flavors before even ordering my own but I will remind you I am lactose intolerant. Boo... why are we reminding me.

Thanks for thinking I am so awesome. I was a chubby little kid growing up and that little chub inside would have LOVED that ice cream.
______________________________________
When you visit your in-laws do you feel at home?
Um... yes. Probably because my home right now IS there REAL home. Ha. We have been "babysitting" their BEAUTIFUL house here is Utah while they have been away. Really though, they always make you feel so at home. I love that. It's all family in THIS family.

Would you let your spouse/significant other use your toothbrush?
Yes Ben, yes I would. Apparently he will NOT though. We almost had a marriage crisis when he refused to let me use his after I realized I forgot mine. The whole house was shocked that he wouldn't let me... I mean we DO kiss. Vance found an extra toothbrush in storage though and saved me. Vance- 1 Ben- 0.
Little does he know I have accidentally used his toothbrush on several occasions. I wasn't fully coherent at those moments... but that didn't sway his decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive