Monday, May 2, 2011

Time to weed

WORKOUT:
4.5 mile run
30 min weights - chest/back
75 min Super Step Class

It was C.O.L.D. this morning. Sunny, but totally misleading. Waking up at 7am was heavenly. I love the freedom to take my SWEET time at the gym doing whatever I feel like. No one to TEELLLLL this girl what to do! (That was directed at YOU ex-job. Take that.)


I had a dream last night with the lovely Lindsay in it! We were hanging out in her house and we were setting up some running dates together. But then she told me she ran like 7:30 minute miles and I was panicking because she was going to SMOKE me!

Oh and Lindsay, in the dream you had 2 kids... is there something you want to tell me? ;) Don't worry, they were really cute.
_______________________________________

 B-fast yesterday was eggs and toast. Scratch that... eggs and 2 pieces of pictured toast.


Dinner was more yummy Shrimp Quinoa Salad with some Broccoli Slaw.


I tossed the slaw with a little hummus, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast and a splash of almond mild to thin it out. Really quick and easy and full of great fiber.

 Maybe I spent my Sunday morning cleaning random things in the kitchen. Like wiping down walls, cupboards, baseboards and appliances. Ben eventually made me stop and said I had to get dressed so we could leave the house. I will be attacking more of that later.


When I have the time, I can't resist organizing and cleaning. It just makes me want to be in my house!

______________________________

We are starting on our garden today! Ben is weeding as we speak so I gotta get my bum in gear and get out there! We don't have tons of garden space but I think we will be doing tomatoes, green onions, spinach, a few herbs and maybe something else. We will see what ends up in our cart at the store.


Previous years we have gotten TONS from what we have planted so I can't wait to get more produce coming my way.
 ______________________________________

Do you plant a garden every year? 
What are your favorite things to plant???
Tomatoes for sure because they are so much better than what you buy at the store. And herbs... I LOVE having fresh herbs to cook with.

What is the most neglected thing to clean in your kitchen?
Ours is the microwave. We should probably clean it once a week, but I could probably count it on one hand the times we clean it in a year. Yucky, I know. It was SPARKLING yesterday though. That is until Ben put his left over curry in to heat it up ... which reminds me why I never clean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive